Sacramento, sad to see Jerry's kids conducting themselves this way!

September 23 2011 at 3:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

1/2 hr. in E.r. $4900.00 No wonder the hospitals broke. they didnt charge me enough. Was given No drugs, no stitches.. put on ekg machine & told O.k. friend in hospital 1 Week, $279,000.00 Then found out a few years later that they billed the state... the SAME ? ? their just not charging enough. If they wouldve charge my friend a Coooool Million $$$$$$$ for the week, they wouldve made a profit.

September 23 2011 at 3:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

1/2 hr. in E.R. $4900.

September 23 2011 at 2:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

you need to move to a right to work state. Im an RN in Missouri. We have no unions. This comment is to E

September 23 2011 at 2:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I'm a new grad RN and can't find a job because of nurses unions and such. Those nurses want to walk out on their jobs? I will GLADLY step in and do the job I was educated and trained to do if they won't do it. At least they HAVE a job. And they are walking away from it.

September 23 2011 at 1:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Hire Americans that want to work, & give those on strike a taste of the real world. NO UNIMPLOYMENT CHECKS from the taxpayers. UNIONS SUCK.

September 23 2011 at 1:24 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply

yes this makes perfect sense,
pay the pencil neck 4 million dollars , and cut the nurses wages and benefits hmm sounds like government run deal

September 23 2011 at 12:46 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply

One of the oaths you take as a graduating nurse is to never strike. Course back 40 yrs ago, nurses were paid a fair wage with good benefits. The hospitals and government cry and scream, pouding their feet and arms that they are growing broke. It does not take a Rocket Scientist to figure out. If you cannot provide proof of citizenship, they need to return to their home country for the health care they need. Maybe then nurses would not be tied up for hours with someone having a sore thumb or other simple injury, that come in with an attitutde that they are above us and we owe them the care. Some hospitals require nurses to speak Spanish. Isn't that discrimination against the Italians, French, Germans, Hungarian and the many countries and languages? they have no rights, disrespect the nurses taking care of them, come in with all 10 kids and expect a nurse to work around them. Nurses work short staffed, weekends, holidays, and terrible hours. Yet because they work, they have less benefits then the many illeglas they are treating. It no longer pays to be the working class, The nurses who went into nursing because they wanted to help people, are now retiring, refusing to watch health care go down the tubes. Strike my sister nurses. Demand better pay and benefits, better patient to nurse ratio, and demand to only have to speak the language of our Country, English.

September 22 2011 at 11:57 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to tweets922's comment

You make a lot of really good points but couldn't you college educated women collectively find a way to do business with the management without going on strike? In successful corporate world, if one party wishes to make a deal with another one, striking is the equivalent of stomping your feet and walking away. The patients are going to be the ones who suffer the most.

September 23 2011 at 2:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

tweets922, you hit the nail on the head, especially about illegals. I say if you aren't a legal citizen then you don't get healthcare. I know that sounds really cold but it a person doesn't have a house, why should the person expect others to pay for one for them. The same is true of healthcare. If a person isn't legal why should I pay for their care? I shouldn't and neither should anyone else. I would be really ticked if I was in an emergency room and an illegal was being tended to before me. Also, if you are going to live in this country . . . legally . . . speak English because is what we speak.

September 23 2011 at 2:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I am an unemployed Radiology tech in California. I would love to have a job. These spoiled nurses just walk out on thiers. They are lucky to be employed. I know alot of Hospital have cut other employees positions so they can afford the nurses salaries. Shame on them for being so greedy.

September 22 2011 at 11:36 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Lon and Bonni

Just returned from the CNA/NNU Convention in San Francisco. This union's agenda is based around an anti free-market v.s. socialism means to our United States. BE CAREFUL! Further, their rant believes in providing healthcare for ALL, including the "undocumented" --- they are called ILLEGALS. We will pay for their healthcare. Many dismiss this as an, "Oh, well...they're here anyway" attitude. In a civilized society, we have "laws of the land" that we must follow, otherwise, we will have chaos. Should I suggest, that you leave your doors unlocked tonight so that you can be burglarized....."Oh, well...they're here anyway."

September 22 2011 at 10:18 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply