McDonald's Manager Takes A Stand Against 'Coning' [Video]

McDonalds manager against coningYou may remember our features earlier this year -- employees planking on the job and being fired, plus fast food workers being pranked by an Australian man who defined "coning" to the world.

Search Job Openings

In Partnership With

Well, it seems that "coning" has caught on in the United States, and the management at a McDonalds in New Jersey is having none of it. "If you're gonna try to grab it by the ice cream, I can just throw these away. I've seen this stunt before," he says.

What do you think? Does management have the right to dictate how customers receive their food from a drive-thru, after they've already paid? Or could this manager be reprimanded for his actions?

Next: Office Humor: Fast Food Workers Flummoxed By Funnymen [Video]

Stories from 24/7 Wall St.

Filed under: Office Humor
Jake Thiewes

Jake Thiewes

Associate Editor

A graduate from the School of Media Arts & Design at James Madison University, Jake works with partners to bring their content to AOL Jobs. Other focuses include photo/video acquisition from sources around the globe, social media and analytics for the team. In his free time, Jake feeds a voracious motorsports hobby.

Email Jake at jake.thiewes@teamaol.com.

hb

what goes on in south jersey is not coning. they do cone snatching,and they snatch t cone out of the hand of the worker and speed off, slamming the gas pedal in the car, it is dangerous and it could injur the workers arm and it could cause a car accident

September 19 2011 at 7:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CB

i can completely agree with this manager i am also a manager at a McDonalds and not only have people thrown them back at employees through the window they also throw it at the building coning is a complete waste of time it has no purpose what so ever except for a good laugh ....it's not funny and even though some may think our job is easy walk a day in our shops and have to just put with this crap!

September 19 2011 at 1:00 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
raider2119

People lighten up... get a life.... it's a prank!!!!

September 19 2011 at 12:55 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
gwrudmin

obviously, this was a set up by the jerk sitting in the passenger seat. Probably, coning is a mess for the restaurant to clean up.

September 19 2011 at 7:22 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Carolyn

I think it's rude for the manager to threaten to smash it in their face, however I can understand why the manager doesn't want to put up with this "coning" - everytime they do it - it creates a real mess and the manager or the employees have to clean it up - and if someone steps in it and falls before they can get it cleaned up , it can be a lawsuit- If the customer wants to mush the ice cream in the confines of their own car - fine - but have manners and not make a mess for others to clean up.

September 19 2011 at 4:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason

I'd LOVE some douchebag kid managing a McD's to threaten to mash ice cream in my face. I'd park my car and stroll on inside and see if he wants to say it again when he's within arms length and not hiding behind a window. Who the hell does he think he is to talk to someone like that?

September 19 2011 at 3:39 AM Report abuse -3 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Jason's comment
LarrBerr

And I'd LOVE to see you get your ass handed to you when you do. I remember back when I worked at a McDees and the manager laid out some smartmouth punk with a bigger mouth and ego than the muscles to back it up. It was hilarious!

September 19 2011 at 4:46 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Jared Hylton

Bitch, lol, shut the **** up with your Steroid taking ass. You ain't bad. I would tell you a million times over, and LET your bitch ass come inside the store, where if you tried to touch me I'd blast your fuckin' ass with the chopper. Keep in mind, not everyone is gonna use fists to fight bitch.

October 05 2011 at 11:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
breacr

Yes, Coning is stupid and immature, but the customer did pay for the item. As long as nothing illegal is going on and no one is suffering any harm from it besides a quick annoyance, then McDonald's does not have a right to complain, and certainly does not have a right to dictate what a person does or does not do with their food once it is in the customer's car.

September 19 2011 at 2:29 AM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
skyhoe

Considering my short lunch break, it would pi$$ me OFF if it made MY trip thru the drive thru longer because the employee had to stop everything to wash their hands. Not to mention if I accidently managed to drop my money on the ground during the exchange and had to pick it out of a pile of ice cream. I highly doubt the guy who has to clean it up cares alot for it either.

September 19 2011 at 2:02 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
bra5611

what happened to customer service??? bit rude of mcdonalds i think just serve in a tray solves problem

September 19 2011 at 1:42 AM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
Sev

I don't get it!!! The manager is right about how these jerk kids shouldn't grab the cone by the ice cream because if it fell the kids would have demanded another one.

September 19 2011 at 1:41 AM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply

Search Jobs

In Partnership With
Keywords:
Location:

July 27 - Aug 3

Looking for work? See what companies added new openings this week.

×

Check out our new Map Search

Locate your next job using the new AOL Jobs Map Search!

Pin down your next great opportunity today.