Deputy Sheriff Fired For Allegedly Attacking Her Girlfriend's Lover

Jennifer Roberts fired Luzerne County policeA Pennsylvania deputy sheriff has been fired for allegedly attacking the girlfriend of her former lover.

The dismissal of 33-year-old Jennifer M. Roberts from her post in the Luzerne County police department came about after the members of a dramatic love triangle came to blows.

Roberts had been living with her girlfriend Mary Jean Farrell, 44, and her two children in Fairview Township when the couple split up after Roberts began seeing another woman, according to a report in The Standard Speaker.

The revelation of the affair led each of the two, both members of the police force, to threaten the other at gunpoint. But when Farrell moved on to a new lover, Sheila Sult, also 44, it was too much for Roberts.

She allegedly began harassing the two.

"If you don't come see me later, I will find Sheila and punch that Colgate smile right off her face," Roberts is said to have told her former lover at the local mall, according to police reports.

The tension only became more heated after Sult posted about the mall incident on Facebook, according to the Wilkes Barre Times-Leader.

Following through on her threat, Roberts allegedly appeared at Sult's Wilkes-Barre home on July 22, and proceeded to attack her.

And while the incident was broken up by Farrell, the third member of the triangle, Sult still sustained injuries to her face, including swelling.

And while the assault and harassment charges are still pending, Roberts has been dismissed for "conduct unbecoming a police officer."

Fatal attractions and love triangles are as old as Oedipus, but for modern American pop culture, the only name that matters is "Alex." Glenn Close's character in the 1987 film, "Fatal Attraction," is an editor who misinterprets a rendezvous with a Manhattan lawyer named Dan Gallagher, played by Michael Douglas. Alex takes it too far, and tries to manipulate Dan into loving her.

"I'm not gonna be ignored, Dan," she famously says.

One of her strategies is boiling a rabbit.

Next: Houston Public School Employee Needs Time-Out After Prank on Co-Worker

Stories from Glassdoor.com

hauntedmemphis

great story!!!

September 20 2011 at 9:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
HitTheDeckBoys

Was JENN trained in Albuquerque ??? lol Fatal attractions and love triangles is part of the APD training mandatory here just in case ... JENN MOVE on ...Yoou know better girl... Too many others in the world who wont hurt you.

September 12 2011 at 8:56 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
10_ac

The policewomen will sue the city for discrimination and physically and mental anguish and after a couple months of negotiation, receive back and overtime pay and throw in a promotion for each to smooth out gay and lesbian relations in the city. lol

September 09 2011 at 8:25 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to 10_ac's comment
HitTheDeckBoys

I hope it works for her and she remembers in the future to keep her " emotions" in check. for future wives. They knew exactly how to push her buttons and it worked. What a waiste of a trained officer down the drain. THEY other needs to be fired also for jumpng the battery.

September 12 2011 at 8:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
citygirlretired

Wow - ya'll are vitriolic ... who gives a fig who's doin who... is it your business? Does it seriously affect your life? I'm not one of 'them' and what they do does not have anything to do with my 'goody2shoes' life - and I'm sure not going to get my undies in a bunch over them and their drama - most of us have enough of our own to contend with.
My gripe is those dang ED ads at dinner time when we are trying to catch the news with the kids being involved in current events!
Why is this such a big deal to you who are ugly about other peoples lives?

September 07 2011 at 11:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joe Upyours

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha,let um eat cake,upyoursMF'S!

September 06 2011 at 11:36 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
John Sebastion

dykes gone wild, new reality show

September 05 2011 at 4:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Maria

Another bucth, fired from her job because of love triangle affair, she could not cope when her lesbian partner, that she left went and found another lesbian to live with her, whats up with this homos? why do they get hire to fulfill a job that a person should have high moral standart, maybe because we are getting to liberal, or we are losing our integraty and self respect. Yes for as long as I remember there were this type of people in the world , but they live a quiet live,now it seem that they want every one to know that they are homosexsuals, in other words they want to embarrest the rest of the family. This people are perverts and I would not trust them with any younger person, My advise if you hang around homos you will become one of them .

September 03 2011 at 5:52 PM Report abuse -3 rate up rate down Reply
4 replies to Maria's comment
yoyo

Too bad she's white or she'd be on admin leave - with pay - and taxpayer funded arbitration - and a law suit pending.

September 02 2011 at 6:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
yoyo

I guess that plan with the split didn't work. But that's a crack I shouldn't touch. Ok, ok, They should just spread it all out and get on with it. I know, I'm outta here.

September 02 2011 at 6:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to yoyo's comment
banzaimaur

Keep your day job.......if you have one.

September 06 2011 at 9:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob

I`m from Southern California originally. Since moving here Four Years Ago I have noticed there are an over abundance of Lesbians.Perhaps it`s something in the Water, or perhaps TN Men have Small Penises, either way I have noticed a Slew of Lesbians.

August 31 2011 at 9:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply