Let's all pretend the contractor doesn't have an obligation to use his brain. If he was so concerned about lost wages then why didn't he use better judgement. I applaud the coach for his convictions, for speaking up, and acting decisively.

The contractor will think twice about what it means to be a businessman and how to treat a customer. Unless of course we reward his insolence.

September 06 2011 at 9:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

They're both wrong; the carpenter should not have worn the shirt but the coach didn't have a right to fire the guy over a school shirt unless it had an offensive slogan on it. I don't wear Penn State gear when working on a project at Pitt.

August 18 2011 at 8:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Clue to those outside Oklahoma who read this story. Remember the Alabama fan who poisoned the tree at Auburn? Oklahoma Sooner fans are just as bad, maybe worse. It also does not surprise me that the carpenter in question did not realize what he was wearing because he got dressed in the dark. Most OU fans are totally in the dark about their arrogance and rudeness, and try to shove their colors and logo in everyones face expecting them to just take it . Way to go Coach. Verbal contract? WEAK!!

August 18 2011 at 12:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

what an ass----passion? passionate? no, the guy is just a hothead who needs anger-managment classes---that he should pay for himself from his fat bank account----set a better example for boys and men to admire!

August 17 2011 at 11:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Grundy is a real horses' patoot!

August 17 2011 at 11:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I live in Stillwater and although I do not know Mr. and Mrs Gundy extremely well I do know that they had voluntarily given much of their time towards children's sports and have done much to increase children's self-respect and the virtue of sportsmanship. Mrs. Gundy taught my daughter in her first grade class at school. My daughter is now 30. I remember Mrs. Gundy as a kind, patient person during our parent-teacher talks. I simply do not believe the allegations that the carpenter has made toward's the Gundy's. That carpenter showed unbelievably poor judgement towards his customer. I believe that that carpenter is headed towards bankruptcy simply for massive failure to consider the needs of his customers.

August 17 2011 at 10:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Well...he is the boss.

August 17 2011 at 10:51 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply

Honestly, the carpenter should just be paid what he is due according to what the contract stipulates which should be a third, which is a fair amount. Yes, he was unlawfully terminated and being that he is selfemployed isnt entitled to unemployment compensation or something comparible. However, if a contract is in place then thats what the judge or attorney will consider. Lest have no fear that OSU coach will pay for being a threatening menace if anything else.

August 17 2011 at 10:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

First off OU is the better school. How many football championships does OSU have??????? Yeah right, nobody knows, not even OSU. Gundy is obviously an *******. Exactly how was his wife offened, by seeing maybe a real man in the house?????????? Hope the carpenter nails his ass to the wall and then nails his wife in the bedroom.

August 17 2011 at 10:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

The carpenter has to have a lot of animosity for OSU to show up at the OSU coaches house in an OU shirt. I graduated from OSU in 1979 and 1982. Respect your clients enough to not disrespect them in their own house.

August 17 2011 at 9:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply