I must disagree with someone below who mentioned that there are no good jobs for introverts. I think it really depends on what you like or desire. Nothing is perfect in any type of workplace, but introverts can still find a job they like and be happy with. Take a look at as they mention how you can find a job that fits you. Not the other way around.

June 10 2012 at 7:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I've often wondered how accurate these statistics are that are posted by supposed experts. I appreciate the comments below from people who are actually working in these fields. Why doesn't AOL speak with real people when doing their research?? Obviously some introvert wrote the article and couldn't muster up enough courage to actually speak with real people. How much does the AOL 'expert' earn that wrote this article? That could reflect the accuracy of the information reported.

April 04 2012 at 11:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Wendi Rostan

You are completely wrong about Paralegal's being introverts. Most paralegals deal with the clients as much as the attorneys. In regard to the average salary you have posted for Paralegals, that depends on the type of law they practice.

July 14 2011 at 7:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

There are no good jobs for introverts because employers only want extroverts. We live in an extrovert world, where your "people" skills and likeability are more important than your intelligence or education. The world is going to hell in a handbasket.

July 12 2011 at 11:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I am a technical writer and I love it. You do spend a lot of time alone at your desk, but I am a salaried employee and sit in the IT department, which gives me co-workers. However, with certain types of technical writing you do have to go to a lot of people and ask a lot of questions to get your information.

July 12 2011 at 8:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Medical transcription should've been added to this list!!

July 12 2011 at 7:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I have to agree with Dave' post. Also, when do Artists make 43K? The article is very misleading. I'm an "Artist" and I never made more than a couple thousand with my art in a year. I teach art part time to supplement. The most I ever heard a graphic designer could make is 40k, in say a corporate environment in a metropolitan city after many years.
I have two friends who are Paralegals but they don't make 62k. They both make around 28k.

July 12 2011 at 6:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Where? Where are people being paid $60,000 to do Graphic Design? I am a degreed professional in Graphic Design, and I never made more than $19,000, and believe me, I looked everywhere. I've never even seen any Graphic Design job listed more than $25,000, even with a Bachelor's degree. Nor is it just me. My entire graduating class for 13 years has been struggling to find anything at all in our chosen field, let alone $60,000. I finally had to take a job as a teacher's aide just to eat, and even that barely pays $14,000/year. I just think this was not well researched or is an out-and-out lie.

July 12 2011 at 4:22 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply

These jobs would also be great for those with limitations, such as hearing impared. People with hearing difficulties often feel isolated, and can't work in the normal one- to- one invironment.

July 12 2011 at 2:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I would disagree that accounting is a good profession for introverts. As an accountant myself, I can tell you that, yes, in the early stages of an accounting career a lot of time is spent in analysis and crunching numbers. But, there's also a lot of client contact, especially for entry level auditors. Further, those who rise to the top of the profession have the best "soft" or people skills. They are responsible for bringing in new clients and maintaining client relationships, thus they are salesmen. Not exactly the realm of an introvert.

July 12 2011 at 1:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply