what do you expect from a company that charged returning US Service personel for extra baggage

June 13 2011 at 3:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Delta never bought Pan Am. It bought some of their routes.

United also bought some Pan Am routes.

Pan Am has made several comebacks since, and it's rumored to be making yet another comeback in 2011, this time as a cargo airline out of Texas.

June 13 2011 at 1:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Gee, a business wnating to consolidate its operations for more efficientcies. Will wonders never cease. Of course Delta or any other business will look for ways to save money. Businesses must look for ways to save momney or they will no longer be in business. If you ever ran a business, you would know that.

June 13 2011 at 1:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

It does not surprise me that Delta has lied to it's employees. They lie to everyone. They make promises to give NEVER EXPIRE MILES again like the many thousands of miles I earned years ago. I had over 83,000 NEVER EXPIRE MILES left of my account that I had for over 20 years when I had to fly to the Grand Canyon to spread my daughters ashes 4 years ago. When I did not fly for the next 2 years these new miles were to expire. OK, no big deal, BUT DELTA STOLE ALL MY MILES INCLUDING THE NEVER EXPIRE MILES! When I brought it to their attention the basically told me to "Go to Hell," we can do anything we want to anyone we wish because we are Delta. SHAME, SHAME, SHAME. They have NO CLASS, NO LOYALTY, NO MORALS. They truly have nothing!

June 13 2011 at 1:46 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply

The Northwest employees have lost out on the Delta-Northwest deal, not to mention the passengers. After flying Northwest and now it being called Delta there is a big difference in service. The public got screwed by this mess along with all Northwest Employees.

June 13 2011 at 1:45 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to nflamingo's comment

I've notice the change in's better. I think I was flying with the original Delta flight attendants!

Why is it that the Northwest employees always claim they were screwed?? A bitter group.

June 13 2011 at 2:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Wow.......An airline backing away from a promise?.........How dare they. Kinda reminds me of when I worked for TWA in St. Louis and American came along. Now I live in sunny Florida working for Brand "X" airline who actually care about their employees.

June 13 2011 at 1:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Hmmm.. Deja vu all over again? Seems to me Northwest moved jobs around a lot before they broke the mechanics union... Moved mechanics to places down south, then 6 months later closed that facility and transferred them elsewhere. Could they be trying to wear out their employees again with moves? Time will tell.

June 13 2011 at 1:15 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Michael Gentsch

A large corporation lied, say it isn't so. It's been 24 years since I graduated college. During that time I've worked for six different companies. I currently work for a small (less than 100 employees) local company that to date, has been honest with me. Prior to this, I worked for five larger companies. All were regional or national companies that ranged in size from 2,000 to 360,000 employees. Of these companies, four of them lied to me at least once and two of them did it so frequently, they should probably be hosting seminars on how to lie to your employees. The only conclusion I can draw from this experience is that most larger corporations are morally bankrupt. If you are forced to deal with these companies, and most of us are, expect to be lied to.

June 13 2011 at 1:07 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply

Well for one i fly Delta and have very few problems with them. Second, all the other airlines charged people in the armed forces baggage fees beyond thier limit. The goverment reimbusrsed them. I cant wait for the day as someone who flys many, many miles a year that you folks that want to fly once a year are charged what it costs to fly. I am tired of offsetting your cheap ticket. You want to fly from Tampa to NYC for 100.00 dollars but then get amazed when they cant offer meals and roomier seats. I say please go fly southwest, air tran whatever, thus allowing many of us who fly almost everyweek better options.

June 13 2011 at 12:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to schjb's comment

no problem the seats are just as big and cheaper

June 13 2011 at 1:48 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Robert Cape

schjb, you obviously own stock in Delta, so I don't expect to change your mind. I fly Southwest, because they are an honest company. They run an aerial Greyhound Bus company. They offer no "perks", no "better than the masses" games, and they just fly you there, and get you there on time. That's what transportation is all about. I have no financial interest in Southwest, I am just tired of corporate b-s-, and an honest company deserves my business. Watch your wallet on Delta.

June 13 2011 at 2:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Relax I look into my crystal ball I see a future with no more airlines, no more money, no more corrupt politicians, no more big brother watching, no more laws, no more war, no more divorce, no more drugs, no more world hunger....oops, I looked too far ahead, I'm not there either and neither are you. :(

June 13 2011 at 12:02 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply