Hyundai Expanding Alabama Plant, Adding 214 New Jobs

job interview MONTGOMERY, Ala. -- Hyundai executives say the company is expanding its Alabama manufacturing plant in a move that is expected to add more than 210 jobs in Montgomery County.

Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama said Monda that it will invest $173 million to enlarge and modify an engine plant at the complex. The company says it will create 214 jobs with the work.

Gov. Robert Bentley says the announcement makes it a great day for the state, and it shows that Hyundai is committed to Alabama. Plant construction is set to be complete this fall, and production will begin in March 2012.

The factory is expected to produce 300,000 engines a year. They will be used in the Hyundai Elantra, which is assembled at the plant, and in vehicles made at the Kia factory in West Point, Ga.

Next: Companies Hiring This Week

Stories from CNN Money

tms36

Yes new jobs in Right to Work states.... no union equals more jobs.....

May 17 2011 at 7:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dcamaro98ls7

wow, Hyundai creates 214 jobs and they get praised. GM just invested to create over 9,000 jobs in michigan and ohio by september of this year and they get chastised. Americans can be so hypocritical some times

May 17 2011 at 7:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
michael

Man thats some real good news !!! Yes this is what it takes right now to bring back some manufacturing jobs people need jobs right now...And the government need the property owning taxpayers...Or else they are also out on the street...

May 17 2011 at 4:55 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
jegauc

We Bought our first 2011 Hyundai Sante Fe Loaded, we are so pleased we are often asked about the car, We tell those who ask, Hyundai is the best car we ever owned, Drives great, comfortable wrap around seats, I recommend this car to anyone who needs a dependable Auto with all the luxuries, and Great warrantees, at a fair price Hyundai is worth looking at.
I switched from a Ford to this car.

May 17 2011 at 4:36 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
rsteph3

I bought a 2007 AZERA for my daughter and after 45,000 miles the car is like new with 2 trips to the dealership for minor repairs. I was so impressed, I bought my wife a 2011 AZERA and I and my wife are very impressed. I drove BMW, Lexus and Mercedes and was just as impressed with the Azera plus I paid 24,000. I got a 1,500 rebate with my daughters owner loyalty program from Hyundai. I suspect in a few years the Hyundai brand will surpass all other brands.

May 17 2011 at 4:27 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
topmind

Organize the workers and drive Hyundai outa bidniss! It worked on GM and Kreisler. Union cokeheads got rich on the racket.

May 17 2011 at 4:00 PM Report abuse -2 rate up rate down Reply
invmartyc

And their cars are not bad and reasonably prices. Maybe my next car will be one of theirs. Hear that BIG THREE? These guys are making jobs, what about you?

May 17 2011 at 3:50 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
TOM

They copyed all the stuff to make there cars from american products Boooo

May 17 2011 at 3:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to TOM's comment
topmind

"Big" three cars slapped together outside our borders with foreign parts. "Foreign" cars built here with local parts. Our domestic car makers clearly don't know which side of them is up. Same thing with our airliners. Boeing assembles parts made all over the planet and claims "US made". Airbus builds here and claims "made in France". Shyster lawyers at work.

May 17 2011 at 4:06 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
sbeldner914

It's really something when a foreign corporation will invest in American jobs; whereas our US manufacturers abandon their fellow Americans by taking manufacturing overseas.

May 17 2011 at 3:28 PM Report abuse +6 rate up rate down Reply
saultydog42

In 2006 I bought a Hyundai Azera limited decked out, I mean everything, this car cost me $26.000 and it was a great decision, Hyundai test their cars for a year in Korea before it is introduced in America just because of the reliability factor, then they put a 10 year 100.000 mile warrantee on them, this is 50.000 bumper to bumper and 100.000 drive train, after their bumper tp bumper warantee I purchased the extender bumper to bumper for $700.00 whick is 1/3 the price of the same warrantee from GM, Ford or Chrysler or any other manufacturer as well. If and when you go in for a repair there is no hasle, all you are required to do is service it at the intervals in the owners manual and thats not overly serviced as the other manufacturers require. I also have a SANTE Fe thjats a 2002 that had a belt tentioner bearing that I know was the problem to go bad and caused considerable noise, I told them what the problem was and their mechanic had an EGO and didnt want to admit that a customer was right so they installed a brand new engine in the car at 55.000 miles, so I didnt complain a bit.....
A long story short, buy Hyundai and purchase the extended bumper to bumper protection and you wont go wrong. Oh, bye the way, the extended warrantee is not some fly by night company that argues everything that goes wrong, its Hyundais own warrantee.

May 17 2011 at 3:00 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply