How to Stop Your Office Refridge-a-Raiders!

job interview It isn't every day that sales assistant Christine Nelson gets treated to a four-star restaurant dinner. Wanting to savor every morsel of the experience, she asked to have her leftovers bagged, took it to work the next day and salivated all morning thinking about her delicious lunch.

When she opened the lunch room fridge door, yep, you guessed it: The refrigerator thief had struck again! Gone were her lobster thermidor, brie en croute and marzipan cake.

"For the first time ever, I wished I had left a tuna sandwich," Nelson says. Why? "Because then I could SMELL the thief who had stolen my lunch!"

Or she could have done what this irate office worker did:

job fails - BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

See more Monday Through Friday

If you've ever worked in an office with a fridge, chances are good that you've had your lunch, milk, cream, any and every kind of food stolen. Somewhere it seems, a band of sick fridge thieves are operating. For proof, just check out the following note and cheeky response:

job fails - And Here We Go!

See more Monday Through Friday

"It's a slap in the face when you label everything and put notes like 'Don't touch my food,' and people think nothing of doing it anyway. The worst part is you WORK with these people," exclaims a frustrated production manager, Celia Cohen, after having her stash of Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia stolen. "I mean, it was a pint of ice cream, who eats a whole pint in one sitting?" she asks rhetorically.

Well, certainly, not someone who is on a diet. For the Cohens, Nelsons and thousand of others who have been left hungry and helpless, the "As Seen on TV" people have a solution. It's called, The Fridge Locker. The clever folks who stand to make a mint on this baby use these catchy slogans to explain it: "The Personal Food Security System," "No More Surprise Attacks on Your Snacks," and more apt, "Stop Refrig-a-raiders."

This "safe-within-a-fridge" is a cube made of heavy-duty plastic bars that uses a three-digit combination code to safeguard your precious lunchables.

Next: Companies Hiring This Week

Related Stories from GlassDoor

Melanie Greenwood

Sometimes being on a "strange" diet helps (or pretending you are). I made it known at work I was vegan. Nobody ever touched my lunch. Since I didn't have distinctive lunch bag I just wrote "Melanie's vegan food" on it. Take advantage of the fact that people are scared of veggies and whole grains!

November 13 2013 at 3:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
msllsa1

There was a guy at work who used to Dumpster Dive.... YUCK

May 04 2011 at 9:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dearthaircroi

I have seen people eat food that was there for weeks. They are sick. Some one stole a friend's new bottle of olives . The next day he brought another , emptied the juice and peed in it. Some one stole it. If your that inconsiderate of others , you get what you deserve.

May 04 2011 at 9:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Katie Bradshaw

there were plenty of times i went to work without a lunch. i never stole anyones food just because i didn't have my own. i would stare at it in the fridge sometimes though...

May 04 2011 at 9:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
retiredraf

I observed a co-worker eating a can of pears. I looked in my sack, and mine were gone. The next day, I brought a fresh pear and before I put it in my sack (other items protected) I rubbed the pear where the sun doesn't shine. 5 Minutes later there he was chomping on the pear. I was in the next room and didn't hear the water run, so I believr he didn't wash it. I asked him how my butt tasted and it went right over his head. I also made a meatloaf out of Strongheart dog foor. It was enjoyed by someone, and I asked the group who ate the food I was bringing home to my dog, as it was his.

May 04 2011 at 8:30 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
K White

LOL! This article is too funny. I recently had a rib dinner, which I wrestled my dad for, stolen from the office frig. I was so annoyed after lunch that I could barely focus on work. At the end of day, I noticed barbeque sauce on my supervisor's shirt. The following Friday he bought pizza for the staff in a sorry attempt to make up for the theft I can only assume. I think the jerk would steal my frig locker if I had one.

May 04 2011 at 8:13 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Bob A' Lou

For years I had the same problem where I worked with a bunch of Blue-Collar scumbags. My dinner would get stolen about two or three times a week. Finally, I got revenge. I put a whole bottle of Calcium Citrate in my Gatorade jug. Voila! That same night my suspect had to leave early because of gastro-intestinal distress. Since this dolt was oblivious to what ocurred, he came back to work and said nothing. Two days later my two sandwiches disappeared. So, I procured from the internet, a product in powder form, that causes EXPLOSIVE diarrhea. I applied it to my KFC sandwiches. On the same day I applied copious amounts of Ipecac to my salad. Sure enough, the same person became so ill during the shift, that the Supervisor called 911. At the hospital, they pumped the guy's stomach and kept him overnight. He never returned to work. And, neither did anyones' dinner get stolen for a real long time.

May 04 2011 at 8:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
boowah

Years ago, I had the same problem at work! What I did was to dip horse chestnuts in chocolate and leave them on top of my microwave dinner in my lunch bag! Sure enough, when I went to lunch the chestnuts were gone! Have you ever tried to get the taste of a horse chestnut out of your mouth once you've bitten into one?

May 04 2011 at 8:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John Godfrey

No sorry I am not that John from New Mexico, I'm probably worse, more than likely why the military loves me :P

May 04 2011 at 8:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Buck

I had this happen to me on many occasions. I finally had enough of complaining to the person in charge of this situation and took it apon myself to stop it,well lets say after the thief took about half the day sitting on his ass suffering,then he got a ass beating after work too,let's just say he wont do that anymore...lmao @ these sorry morons that cant buy their own food and have to steal from their co-workers

May 04 2011 at 8:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply