email@example.com • 617.440.1099
49 B Street, Apt. 4B • South Boston, MA 02127
Seven years of experience in high-volume, fast-paced distribution environments in the U.S. and around the world. Knowledgeable about hazardous materials handling, materials stocking and inventory control, and record-keeping, both manual and computerized.
Personal assets include the ability to mentally process information quickly, strong troubleshooting skills, an exceptional memory for details, and a strong work ethic developed during Army service. Recognized by superiors for accuracy, efficiency and reliability.
Summary of Relevant Experience
- Oversaw unloading and placement of retail merchandise in 1.3 million square foot warehouse
- Scheduled delivery, assigned docks and coordinated the unloading of 30-50 trucks each day. Verified and authorized freight bills.
- Served as Supply/Warehouse Manager for military centers ranging in size from 5,000 square feet with 1,000 parts to 10,000 square feet Brigade-level depot stocking 10,000+ parts.
- Managed repair parts requirements for more than 2,500 work orders, averaging 300 per day.
- Maintained 93% accuracy of inventory.
- Conducted manual inventories; utilized Army-specific software packages for inventory control.
- Operated forklift trucks to 10,000 lbs.
- Managed motor pool; instructed, tested and issued licenses to drivers of motor pool vehicles.
- Supervised squads of 5-6 soldiers; trained new trainees and mail carriers.
- Provided support to and communicated with internal customers to ensure their satisfaction.
- Selected for periodic special assignment to research and track accumulated non-deliverable mail.
- Developed supervisory style that facilitated teamwork, dedication and camaraderie.
- Certificates of Achievement (4)
- Good Conduct Medals (2)
- Achievement Medals for Meritorious Service (2)
- Commendation Medal
United States Army • Stationed at bases in the United States, Europe and Asia 2003–2010
Rank E-4 Specialist Honorable Discharge
United States Postal Service • South Boston, MA 2000–2003
Education & Training
Bunker Hill Community College • Charleston, MA
Course work toward Associate Degree
Selected Training & Certifications
- Introduction to Defense Reutilization
- Hazardous Materials Driver training course
- Marketing System [software]
- Sling Load Inspector certification
- Unit Level Logistic System [software]
- Equipment Preparation course
- Operator & Supervisor courses
- NBC Officer / NCO Defense course
- Defense Packaging of Hazardous Materials
- Inprocessing Training & Headstart for Transportation
- Combat Life Savers course