Well it happened, you messed up. had no clue, and for all intent you are going to do it all over again. 13 more reasons to prove your are still and always will be a loser.
1. It's all about you.... Get over yourself. 12 more reasons on the way.
2. Schools want you. NO, They want your money...
3. Grown up gets head start? You're middle aged starting over. I call that second place and way behind.
4. Instant rewards? Fake job titles don't do it. More money will. If you fail again. will you go back, again?
5. Govt. help? This is the fundamental problem with america. Socialist bastards!
6. Same as 4 you embecile...
7.ROI lines. If you learned to read them first, you wouldn't be here. It's called running budget
8. You went back to school because of your employer. You are kidding right?
9. Brush up on your eubonic writing skills. We no longer care how you write. Let auto-write run your world.
10. If you had what you needed to know, when you needed to know it. You wouldn't be here. Relearning what you already should have known but didn't.
11. By this time your example loses all fallacy of hope as far as your kid is concerned. You are failed in their eye's already.
12. You don't need to spend money to make friends.
13. This is where you can break it down to obvious breakdowns in society due. How much longer before all the retirees head back to school. Seems normal to me...
14. Progressive writers using masonic numerology in their public writings to let their masters know they still do their bidding.

July 10 2011 at 11:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I'm in. 3 courses down, 7 to go, finishing with M.Ed. in March 2012, age 56

July 05 2011 at 5:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

if some one dosen't have a school not to writer englisch not haven a job how they can pay the bills and survive it this apply to all at age 54

April 11 2011 at 12:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I am going back this summer and im 34 years old. I am not happy where I am right now and need a change.

April 11 2011 at 6:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to wolverine000036's comment

I've heard so many success stories from people who have gone back to school later in life, and were able to change careers and advance professionally. Best of luck that it works out for you, too!

April 12 2011 at 9:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

graduated (after 13 years part time) with a BS in Management 2006 (age 47), now going for an AS in a technical field..., 9 more classes. There is another student my same age and the instructor enjoys having us recall his remember when moments!

April 10 2011 at 7:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to thoude3320's comment

Good for you! And it's so true that having a diverse class with students from different age groups helps make the discussion more interesting. Best of luck!

April 12 2011 at 9:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

i'm 49 years old (50 in june) and am in a biology program in my junior year. Anybody can go back to school and change their lives.

April 10 2011 at 7:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I started a degree program in July 2010 and I am 57 years old. Surprisingly, there are more adults in my classes than high school graduates. Go figure... I'm having the time of my life!

April 10 2011 at 6:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Jacqueline's comment

Jacqueline...I was just about to ask here, "What does anyone here think about 57?" (That's my age). Thanks for your comment.

April 10 2011 at 9:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I went back to school this year at the age of 38. I am attending classes in the morning and working in the afternoon and evening so there aren't too many older students in my classes. Yet, I still seem to fit in, even in my communications class where a group of classmates around 20 include me in most of their conversations. It's been interesting because it also helps me to communicate with my oldest daughter who will be 18 this year and going to college in the fall. I never thought she and I would be attending college at the same time though.

April 10 2011 at 5:56 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply

These are all fabulous tips! Many adults worry about returning to school, when they are truly some of the most prepared and capable students of all.

April 10 2011 at 2:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I know you guys have to fill space, but this whole piece reads like an ad for the for-profit schools that are currently taking students' money and returning no real benefit, educational, personal, or financial, while saddling either the student (or the government) with debt loads far exceeding the value of the education received

April 10 2011 at 2:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to kroller225's comment

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately some of the latest headlines have shed a negative light on adult and continuing education on the whole because of the poor practices of a few. However, as some other commenters have attested, more and more college classrooms -- regardless as to whether they are for-profit, community colleges, or universities -- are addressing the needs of adult students. And that's a good thing, since according to recent data from the Georgetown University Center on Education and the Workforce, a whopping 63 percent of jobs in the U.S. require some type of postsecondary education, more than double the percentage required in the mid-1970s.

April 12 2011 at 10:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply