Trudy Marie

I am 59 and not even WAL*TRASH will hire me---and I even said I would work THIRD SHIFT!!! It's because I have too much education and intelligence I guess. The job market is horrible enough but if you are over 50 FORGET IT....YOU'RE DOOMED!

May 24 2011 at 4:15 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Betty L Montgomery

Job Loss is very frustrating, and, the article seems too "rose-colored", assuming that there are resources not yet tapped! And, the internet is not really a good place to search for jobs, contrary to popular opinion.
Help out by making a list of great bargain sites, that really save money! ZenniOptical, Billshrink,
Add yours, please: Bargain Sites? What's Ur Fav?

April 19 2011 at 11:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

what a joke! This article was soooo not helpful!

April 04 2011 at 9:01 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply

I agree, these so called experts have never had to live on unemployment! I would love to sell one car if I had two in the first place, and my kids go to public school, which is not cheap either. All of my kids play sports and that costs too, and don't tell me they should get a job, here in my small town there aren't any jobs for middle school and early high school students. And how would they get there anyway. And for anyone who also has to pay child support, the amount they end up with is just rediculous. By the end of the month they have to decide if they want to eat or put gas in their vehicle to beable to look for work or even to go for a job interview! Put Obama on unemployment, that would be the best thing that could happen to the United States!

April 04 2011 at 8:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
s.l.a.p. crafty

This article was not HELPFUL at all. I thought I was going to really get some good tips! So many of us are effective with job lost, including myself, you spend countless of hours on the internet searching, praying and hoping that your resume will impress someone to at least to give you a call, but you hear nothing and that alone is discouraging! You become a statistic of losers in the eyes of employers wondering why you are without work, as if something is wrong with you! Next time you wish to give tips about something, try giving tips to those of encouragements of how to deal with a job lost and how to take it one day at a time, because each day will bring about different emotions.. Try that tip!

April 04 2011 at 8:04 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply

Gotta love these "experts", what a crock of sh... She should cut back on advice.

April 04 2011 at 7:56 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply

As an owner of a large business, you can thank Obama for the high unemployment. Employers cannot afford the high costs of Obamacare or the high expenses related to Obamacare. Obamacare has caused such a rift and uncertainty of the future of businesses and their "bottom line" that we are not hiring new employees. In most cases, small businesses have been laying off employees and in some cases closing all together. I have discovered, the longer the unemployment checks keep coming, most people will not seek work. They want free money and have been getting it for over two years. Obama needs to "wake up" , stop the unemployment checks, cut some of the freebee government programs, repeal Obama care, stay off the golf course, get back to business and GET THE ECONOMY MOVING.

April 04 2011 at 7:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I am 57 years old and single. I lost my job 15 months ago. I have a house payment, car payment, insurance payment, utilities to pay and credit card debt. I had to use my 401(K) because the $330 a week I get won't cover everything. Not by a long shot. Not to mention I now owe the IRS $3,400 because I didn't have taxes taken out of the unemployment or the 401(K). I can't even afford to shop at Goodwill, so this article didn't help me at all.

April 04 2011 at 7:50 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply

To the author of this article: When you have lost your job for two years, exhausted your savings, lost your home, lived the the attic of some else's garage and been treated like dirt by people who think you did something to deserve all this, I'll listen. As it is, you are not qualified to speak on something you have not experienced.

April 04 2011 at 7:36 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply

B**ls**t. Guess what? There are 2 types of people that employers are hiring right now. The person covered under a spouce's insurance or a child under their parents insurance. Can I find work yes, will it come with health insurance 7 out of 10 times the answer to that question is no. I'ld rather have a paycut and insurance, then more (or same) amount of money with no insurance.

Another thing whatever happened to" Made in the USA" . So many of us could find work if work was to be found in our states. It's a fact and, it's a disgrace. Big time celebrities(among other wealth) with high incomes of millions giving work to China, Taiwan etc... Here's a thought bring it back home. Then and only then can we say "Get a job" , and make sense of what we say.

April 04 2011 at 6:35 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply