March 30 2011 at 8:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Double standard. You can say what you want and the company has no recourse...But say something about me and I can sue the company for a million bucks...The goverment (NLRB) should just mind theire own business. If its my company, my computer and my money taht I have to shell out on a law suit, then it should be MY RULES.

March 30 2011 at 8:54 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
David S.

It's their computer, they have every right to tell you to stay off certain web sites. Can't handle that? Go work for yourself. Pretty simple.....

March 30 2011 at 6:22 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply

I don't understand where people think that work should be a social environment for all the friends to have a peak at or to tell them what you are doing while working. An employee should do the work assigned and if the have a real gripe with their bosses then after work, lunch break away from the office they can use their face book to file a complaint or learn how to file from their home computer. I have had co-workers use their on-duty time to shop for new cars, motorcycle parts or vacations on the company computers which are tied to the City computer system. You want to play on line, on the phone or chat up a sexual partner then it should be done off line, at break or after work.

March 30 2011 at 4:12 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply

I like FB. It's fun. But I really want to keep my personal and professional lives separate. I have found that socializing with coworkers can be disasterous, so I just don't. I don't socialize with my coworkers outside of work. I have my friends for that, and I don't take my friends to work. I see no need to check my FB at work or to talk about work on FB. I also don't check my e-mails on my personal e-mail address at work. I'm at work to work. That's what my boss expects me to do, and that's what I'm paid to do. Period. My personal life is just that, personal.

March 30 2011 at 2:15 PM Report abuse +5 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to kywhitehouseab's comment
Judy & Garry

You are smart. I learned the hard way that my co-workers were not to be trusted. That they themselves berated the employer and their peers was merely a ruse to get me to say what I really thought. Of course, they omitted that part when they reported that I was less than a loyal employee. Whether it was just plain meanness or an effort to strengthn their own position, who knows? An honorable person does not use personal confidences to their own advantage, but then who's honorable anymore?

March 30 2011 at 3:18 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
Bonnie L Brown

Right on kywhitehouseab. Spoken truthful and to the point. agree to a T.

March 30 2011 at 7:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I don't have a problem with FB at work. When we have time, boss lady and I both use FB. We do take care of business first however, and only get on FB when work is done. during slow time.

March 30 2011 at 1:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply