Now Hiring: Ashton Kutcher
Admittedly this job isn't going to do much to pull down unemployment numbers, but it's certainly going to make one person -- maybe even a recent college grad -- really happy. Uber-celebrity Ashton Kutcher is looking for a Vice President of Pop Culture, and while it doesn't pay all that well ($50K for one year), it's a really cool job.
The job description reads, "as the VP of Pop Culture you'll be assisting Ashton Kutcher in all official pop culture business, jetting off to report on-location from the hottest pop culture events, helping discover what's popping, and weighing in on all the important issues."
Specifically, you will:
- Submit a weekly blog post about your adventures and what you believe to be pop culture
- Serve as an on-location reporter for at least three top pop culture events like music festivals, award shows and fashion events
- Mingle with pop stars and fashionistas, get snapped by the "pop-arazzi"
- Help spread the snack love by sharing popchips digital content
It's actually all about the popchips, and regardless of whether or not it's a publicity stunt, it's a legitimate job that you can do from home -- telecommuting is acceptable as long as you're willing to attend those three celebrity events during the year. Of course, all expenses are paid. You even get a high-definition Ultra Flip camera and editing software, and a year's supply of popchips.
All you have to do is create a video of 90 seconds or less that showcases your creativity, connection to pop culture and why you would be the best candidate. Then you go to www.facebook.com/popchips and follow the on-screen instructions to upload your application video.
Next: Top 10 Companies Hiring This Week
Related Stories from CNN Money
- 10 Things That Will be Cheaper in 2011
- Boost Your Odds of Finding a Job
- I'm 61. Should I Retire or Keep Working?
Lisa Johnson Mandell is an award-winning multi-media journalist, host and author of Career Comeback--Repackage Yourself to Get the Job You Want. Lisa discusses her AOL pieces each week and interviews vital guests on the web TV show, This Week in Careers. Learn more on LisaJohnsonMandell.com.more...