I recently bought a new cell phone at my local Sprint store. Since it was a much more advanced phone than my previous one, I was happy to be offered the Sprint "Ready Now" service -- a brief tutorial by the sales rep on using the new phone. But the guy kept answering his own cellphone throughout the lesson, to ask me each time he finished, "Now where were we." I got so disgusted that I finally replied, "Here's where we are, keep your phone." The clueless d*bag actually seemed shocked, not a shred of remorse over his rudeness.

February 17 2011 at 5:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

People who need to be on cell phones constantly irritate me to no end!
Every time I go to the see the aisles lined with people
talking on their they stroll thru th aisles ....WHY would anyone
need to chat while shopping? Even see this at check aisle lanes....ridiculous!

"I LOVE YOU"........this is so personal...esp. hearing it at the workplace..
I had one co worker who ended every call with her constantly interupting
mate...with 'I LOVE YOU' i really need to hear this?

Americans are spoiled brats who think they must be communicating 24/7
either by cell , texting...twittering.....FOR GOODNESS SAKE...GROW UP!

February 17 2011 at 4:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

You can have alot of fun with one of those cell phone jammers.

February 17 2011 at 3:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I'm watching a baseball game on TV and I see a guy on the 3rd base line on his cell phone. Leave it alone! Hang up and watch the game. unbelievable.

February 17 2011 at 12:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

A sales manager I worked for made you turn off pagers, cell phones and blackberrys as soon as you came in the meeting room, and if a cell phone rang at the meeting, the owner was fired on the spot.

February 17 2011 at 12:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Cell phone manners? No such animal-

February 17 2011 at 12:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Cell phones seem to be the new gold chains-and believe me, you look just as ridiculous. I once sat in traffic school with a guy who had run through a school zone at 10 over the limit-that's a $980.00 ticket in Utah-because he was distracted by that cell call he just couldn't wait to make. To show you how important this moron thought he was, and how some people just don't get it, he actually answered his phone in the middle of the class! And here's the hat trick: he gave the instructor a dirty look when he was told to put it away. If ever there was a poster boy for this article, it's that guy. Too bad the instructor would have gotten fired for forcibly inserting that phone in the ultimate hiding place-I'm sure we all would have helped hold the guy down.

February 17 2011 at 12:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Cell phone manners are an incredible imposition on other people; in line at stores and banks, in restaurants and other public places, not to mention while driving and endangering other drivers which is illegal in most states. I don't understand why someone would want to start a conversation in a doctor or dentist's office. I think they are trying to look "important."

February 16 2011 at 11:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I finally had texting turned off on my phone. When I'm with a customer I don't want to be interupted. If I have to take a call I excuse myself and leave the area. Sorry, if you really need to talk to me you might have to wait.

If someone working for me thinks that a tweet or an IM is more important than the job they are doing for me then I don't need them working for me.

My wife has one of the phones that does the text thing, 99% of the messages are nonsense and in no way related to what she is trying to do at the moment. Call me anti-social, but I don't think there is much that's so important that I really must know it right now.

February 16 2011 at 10:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I'd prefer it if you stuck around while taking your personal calls so that if I need you I can find you. As soon as my co-worker steps out, calls for him start pouring in.

February 16 2011 at 9:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply