wow, what great stories!

February 14 2011 at 3:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I met my husband at work after being stood up the weekend before. It was right before Thanksgiving and I was hurt that my supervisor had put me on the weekends. I had met my husband three months earlier when on my first day at work, I didn't know where my office was and this nice looking young man asked if he could show me where the office was and then another guy approach asking me the same thing and they begin to argue, who was going to take me. My husband asked me who did I want to take me to my office and I replied that since he had asked me first, I would let him show me where the office was. Needless to say, three months later, when I started the weekends, I saw him again. We began to talk and shortly after that he asked for my number and then after that he asked me out on a date. We got along very well. He asked me three times to marry him before I said, "yes." I don't know why I gave him such a hard time, I wanted to marry him. After he threaten not to ask me anymore, I finally said, "yes." We courted for six months and on June 29, 1979, we were married. We have three daughters, two are married and one engaged, with the eldest daughter having our only two grandkids, so far, a boy and a girl. In 1997, my husbands kidney's failed. On January 17, 2003, God blessed me to donate one of my kidney's to my husband. The transplant was a success. We are happily married going on 32 years, this year.

February 14 2011 at 1:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

wow, you picked a real winner there didnt ya. I bet he's still got the same mullet and gaaaay freddie mercury mustache. But im willing to bet some things have changed, lets say his paycheck,, he probably got promoted in the last 20 years so im gonna say he;s probably at what, like 6.50 and hour.. what a deadbeat. im sad for you

February 14 2011 at 1:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bob alvarez

I have been a store manager with The Home Depot for over 18 years and have seen a lot of in-store romances that evolved into very happy marriages. When you work as hard and long as our associates, and employees at other companies,sometimes the only people that you meet are your fellow associates and your customers. I have always been glad that Home Depot had policies that allowed dating with fellow associates.I also met my wife at Home Depot and have been happy and grateful for her ever since.

February 14 2011 at 1:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

is this all AOL has to write about? they need to have spent that 15 million on hiring reporters.

February 14 2011 at 10:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

come on AOL,this is all you have to report on?

hire some new reporters and an editor.

February 14 2011 at 10:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to william's comment
How YOU Durin?

It IS Valentine's Day and I think it's a nice change to see something positive in the news. Don't be such a scrooge :)

February 14 2011 at 11:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nanci Biebighauser

Hey! I now know what's wrong. I need to go to work at Home Depot. That would be no hardship, since it is my favorite store!

Surely there is someone out there who can love a sweet, little great grandmother who has more to give than should be humanly possible.

Look out Home we ALL come!!!!

February 14 2011 at 10:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Nanci Biebighauser's comment

Good I'll see you there. I am lonely grandfather who lost my wife on mother's day may 10 2009. I've been waiting to meet you. lol

February 14 2011 at 10:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nanci Biebighauser

Well, Jonas.....Sure wish we had a way to make that happen. I am so sorry for your loss. She must have been wonderful, or you would not want to try again. I have been alone a long time. I wonder if AOL has a way to send you an e-mail so we can "talk"....probably not...

February 14 2011 at 11:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

this is taken from the American Family Association website
For several years, The Home Depot has given its financial and corporate support to open displays of homosexual activism on main streets in America's towns.

Rather than remain neutral in the culture war, The Home Depot has chosen to sponsor and participate in numerous gay pride parades and festivals. Most grievous is The Home Depot's deliberately exposing small children to lascivious displays of sexual conduct by homosexuals and cross-dressers, which are a common occurrence at these events.

The goal of every homosexual organization supported by The Home Depot is to get homosexual marriage legalized. The information below provides just a glimpse of how broad The Home Depot's support for the homosexual movement is.

The Home Depot's track record of support for the homosexual agenda, including homosexual marriage and exposing young children to gay celebrations in public.
In June 2010, The Home Depot set up a "Kids Workshop" as a vendor at the several homosexual festivals and parades.
In 2009, The Home Depot gave over $5,000 to be a major sponsor of the Nashville Gay Pride Festival. It also sponsored parades in Atlanta, Kansas City, Portland and San Diego.

The Home Depot offers insurance benefits that cover sex-changes operations for employees. That insurance also extends to same-sex partners of homosexual employees, proving The Home Depot considers gay couples as "married." Source: Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index
In 2008, The Home Depot sponsored the Durham Pride Weekend with a kid's workshop and parade march. The events include "massages for couples" and "Drag Shows."
As early as 2005, The Home Depot placed a full-page ad in the Out & Equal homosexual workplace conference program guide.
The Home Depot has no problem aligning itself with gay activist groups who target children with a pro-homosexual message.

February 14 2011 at 10:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to John's comment

I dont know what the fck your talking about but if it has something to do with hating gays im on board

February 14 2011 at 1:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

that was twenty six years ago

February 14 2011 at 9:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

imet my wife at the park, after she had fell off her bike, i fixed it and she went on her merry way and two days later i saw her at the mall and we got to talking and as fate would have it, six months later we were married

February 14 2011 at 9:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply