To serve others

What an amazing story! Thank you Ellen for reaching out to those in hard times. It takes one person to make a difference and then have that person pay it forward. I recently went to a training called "The Exchange" by Keith Kochner. It was amazing how we are in control of our own stories if we just take the time to change them and serve others and find our place in greatness! Much happiness, success and health to Ellen for her graciousness and Sheri for your tenacity!!

February 12 2011 at 4:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
The Diver

Well Ellen's show's rating and bank account certainly benefitted this nice little story. I am sure many times more than her expenditures on "helping" this woman and her family...Don't get me wrong, I am happy for this woman. I just want to put this whole ratings (money) gimmick into perspective.

February 12 2011 at 6:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

You know Dee there are always going to be people like you. I could tell you stories about my nightmares but this is a time to be thankful for what we have. All your negativity isn't going to get you anywhere. Did you ever think about writing to the Ellen show, of course not. Think positive and maybe something nice will happen to you. People usually cause there own problems.

February 12 2011 at 4:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

How come Ellen only helps out women on her show? You never see any down and out guys getting any help from Ellen. Just women.

February 12 2011 at 2:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Steven R. Russell

First of all, Sheri's reaction is to take God's name in vain over the airwaves, something we are clearly commanded not to do in Scripture.

Second, the Bible tells us that wide is the path that leads to destruction, and many are they which go down that pathway. But straight and narrow is the path which leads to life everlasting, and few there be that find it.

Third, we are told; "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23). And; "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 6:23).

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.

"For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through him, might be saved" (John 3:16,17).

Also see Psalm 1.

If there is no change in Ellen DeGeneres' spiritual direction, it'll be interesting to see where she and the "Sheri's" of her show will be 10 or more years from now.

In closing, the Bible tells us; "Boast not thyself of tomorrow, for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth."

February 12 2011 at 2:20 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply

Ellen is a great person,and there should be more ppl out there like her. I bet she would change my life too,if she would only read my story..She has done alot to help ppl and for that alone,Im sure god will bless her in many ways

February 12 2011 at 12:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Is Ellen cheating?

February 12 2011 at 12:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Janeal Rodriguez

It is ashame that a story of humaness and kindness from one kind-hearted individual to a person in need turned into such an evil self-serving platform. Why can we not as human beings take this story for what it is without passing judgement on this woman, passing judgement on Ellen, using this as a political and social platform. We are always so ready to tear others down and we finally see a story of someone lifting another up and all you can think to speak of is all this negativity? It is a shame and you are in the wrong place. If Ellen was in the position to help every individual in the world without a job, who has lost loved ones, I am sure she would but she is doing what she can one individual at a time. We should all have the same kind-hearted spirit. These comments are shameful and really show the hatred some Americans have for one another but yet we wonder why we are in the state we are in now. People grow up and if you cant be happy reading a wholesome story about the spirit some Americans still have then get off this page and go elsewhere! God bless you Ellen, God bless Sheri and her family!

February 12 2011 at 12:02 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply

I am happy 4 her, Most of us want to work and take care of our families. I was laid off 14 months ago due to no fault of my own. I am now working a temp assignment and I hope it turns into a perm. position. I will keep the faith no matter what happens.

February 11 2011 at 10:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

You are a REMARKABLE woman....keep ur head up high and I pray good things come ur way....GOD BLESS screw ur sister the energy she sucks from u physically and emotionaly are not even worth the effort don't give her the satisfaction of showing her what impact she has on you...your better then anything she can through your way...believe that with all ur heart each day u look in the mirror, tell urself how special u r...i no some days it is easier said then done, but u sound like u honestly deserve nothing but good 2 come ur way I pray they do...:)

February 11 2011 at 10:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply