Kris Caron

Physical Therapy is great, if you money and free time to study. I worked as a physical therapy aide at my local hospital for 5 years, and was attending college to get my prerequisites done for the Nursing program. It is so competitive, I have to down grade to a Medical Office Assistant. Trust me, that in itself is competitive as well. Getting into any program is expensive, competitive and I hope worth it. We are in a economic crisis, people getting a good paying job that is low stress. Getting that is what is causing the stress. Not that easy, I already have a Certified Personal Trainer degree and have worked in the hospital in Radiology, physical therapy. I still have to get another degree just so I can work again. Any ideas go for it, just going finish this program and hopefully find work.

January 02 2011 at 6:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I am a meat cutter and have lost 25 lbs in 2 years... all that lifting, walking and carrying is good for me! And working in the cold is good for the metabolism too!

January 02 2011 at 6:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Auto detailers are also exposed to many chemicals used for cleaning, "glossing" and the like. These chemicals are breathed in, and/or absorbed into the skin. Both entry methods then introduce these chemicals into the blood-stream, where organs and tissue come into contact with and absorb them. Once, or once every now and then is one thing, but being exposed to these types of chemicals daily and in high doses is going to have some form of negative impact on your health. This is something that I'm surprised hasn't and isn't coming up with more jobs when and where harsh chemical cleaners, solvents and the like are used. If they are considered toxic if ingested once, what does long term repeated absorption do?

January 02 2011 at 6:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Want a job that keeps you moving. Dialysis Technician. I do from 7-10 miles everyday I work and it is not always at leisurely pace. For approx. 2-3 hrs. of that I am moving a very fast pace.

January 02 2011 at 5:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chuck beatty

Gas utility meter reader, I do this job. I walk 3-7 miles a day, and it's enforced walking, essentially. Roughly 11,000 homes I visit every 42 work days. A job with a built in health plan. You get healthy doing the job, and to do the job you have to remain physically fit to do all the walking!
Chuck Beatty, Pittsburgh

January 02 2011 at 4:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Physical Therapist, that's got to be one of the biggest ripoffs there is, they just tell you to "bend you knee 5 times, check it off on a chart, and say "now get out and dont forget to pay at the window". And these people are averaging $67k a year??? What a scam.

January 02 2011 at 4:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
3 replies to KJB's comment

How about massage therapist?

January 02 2011 at 3:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

What are the top 6 worst jobs for your heath? A school teacher has got to be in the top 6!

January 02 2011 at 3:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
babs boxer

How about a drugged out rock and roll singer...I'll be turning 110 this year and only look 212.......

January 02 2011 at 2:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to babs boxer's comment

January 02 2011 at 2:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

This is the STUPIDEST article I've ever read. Sure, less stress is more healthy, but to say that these are "healthy" jobs is rediculous. How is being a party planner, tasting foods and drinks and running around to lots of events make this healthy? It's like the holidays 365 a year! And, I've had physical therapy. They pretty much stand there and tell YOU what to do. They aren't doing it with/for you.

Being an auto detailer? I don't think they are wax on and wax off any more. Most if them have equipment to do their tasks, and how about those fumes??

January 02 2011 at 2:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply