I am a woman owned business person and have been for over 30 years, but I still do not get any respect. Sometimes you'll hear someone say "Oh a woman ownes a Company that should be run by a Man", who say that? Woman can out work men any day and it's been a provine fact, just ask me, running an Asphalt business for 32 years, but again like I said above, No Respect, at least not by men. I'm 65 years old and still going strong.....................

May 19 2011 at 12:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

sorry, but as a woman, I prefer to work for a man. They keep their emotions in check, do not get caught up in petty jealousy, etc.

Men get the job done!

December 22 2010 at 5:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Governing boards for the most part only rubber stamp what the executives have decided to do. It is the executive positions that have the real power. However, in my work life, I have noticed women are more likely to point out embarrassing facts and issues in meetings, while men more frequently just go along with the status quo. We want to be team players. (Yes, I am a man. Just calling 'em as I see 'em.) I think more women on governing boards might make more of an issue of obscene executive pay packages. Any women on Goldman Sachs board? That would be a good place to raise hell.

December 22 2010 at 9:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I have one more piece of info I'd like researched....of the women executives how many are "Marketing VPs." My guess...all of them. I am a women in business, and I've worked for 2 fortune 500 companies. They like to have at least 1 "token" female on the exec staff, but it's always a marketing VP....never finance, supply & logistics, etc. In my opinion the next step for women in business is to fight for leadership roles outside of Sales or Marketing.

December 22 2010 at 8:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to BNS's comment
Jack Jackson

Or the real female boss swamp, HR.

December 22 2010 at 9:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
All the Facts

I do agree that there should be more women Executives, but in the article it says 51% of the "POPULATION" is women I really don't care about that. I would be more interested in the percentage the women make up the work force in these companies, then we could truly get an idea on how unfair our society is.

December 22 2010 at 2:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply