Client Street Address, City, State, Zip
Phone Number Email Address
Resourceful, innovative and highly experienced excavation professional with solid background in a wide variety of projects including roads, utilities, commercial development, residential subdivisions, office parks, shopping centers, hotels/condominium resorts, restaurants and inns, recreation areas, ball parks, swimming pools tennis courts and septic tanks. Owner/operator of Chaz Dickerson Traxcavating Company for 18 years with reputation for honesty, dependability, and dedication to quality work. Respected leader with high standards for self and employees. Commitment to teaching crews the "right way" to do a job in a cost-effective, safe, and timely manner. Positive team player with history of providing outstanding customer service leading to large number of happy repeat clients. Outside-the-box thinker able to quickly identify problems and implement creative and effective solutions.
Excavation & Land Development ▪ Project Design & Management ▪ Teambuilding & Leadership
Master Scheduling ▪ Estimating & Bidding ▪ Regulatory Compliance ▪ Budget Management
Strategic Planning ▪ Cost Control ▪ Client & Vendor Relations ▪ Quality Assurance
KEY SKILL AREAS
- Complete road work from initial stake out, to land clearing, to paving
- Layout and installation of underground utilities
- Planning and connection to town water: layout and installation of storm-water drainage
- Spec. bid. layout and installation of septic systems and foundations
- All types of earthmoving and operation of earthmoving equipment (and all other heavy equipment)
East Woods Companies, Inc., Norwood, MA 11/2006 – 01/2009
SUPERINTENDENT, EXCAVATION DIVISION
Developed $18-20M 9-lot residential sub-division from blueprint to paving. Demolition of existing buildings, supervised subcontractors, installed granite curbing.
Developed 15-lot commercial strip mall. Land clearing to paving. Supervised sub-contractors. Scheduled and responsible for all city & town inspections.
$12M water view residential subdivision .Worked with design engineers to redesign elevation of road plan to better utilize the topography to create water views.
Raised elevations of existing grades over 20 feet utilizing vibratory compactor to increase land values changing the topo from low lands to hilltop water views. Scheduled compaction inspections with state and town officials. Assisted land owners and landscape designers with excavation and elevation design decisions.
Marsh Development, Inc., Sonoita, AZ 2001 - 2006
Superintendent, Grading & Finish Grade
- Supervised construction of sub-grade and ABC for sub-division work.
- Supervised dirt crews for sub-division work.
- Demolition and re-grade at Fort Huachuca.
- Demolition and re-grade at Luke AFB.
Chaz Dickerson Traxcavating, Norwood, MA 1982-2001
- Developed many sub-divisions including all roads and underground utilities.
- Developed an $8.4 million gated 14 luxury home sub-division.
- Instrumental in implementing the "AS BUILT CARD" system in the town of Norwood for septic system installation; worked with town engineering and inspection departments to refine and institute the system.
- Handled thousands of residential developments on Cape Cod entailing roads, utilities, and waste disposal systems.
- Built over 20% of all residential developments in the town of Norwood.
T. W. Dickerson, Inc., Needham, MA 1967-1982
- Scheduled, coordinated, and supervised multiple work crews.
- Responsible for estimates, written bids, and contracts.
- Negotiated with contractors, engineers, town officials, and clients.
- Responsible for the excavating and land development of a $2 million hotel/condo resort.