Rodger Gonzales was looking for a new role as an IT Manager, but his resume was not leading to any interviews. He turned to Jennifer Hay, President of IT Resume Service, to help him create a resume that would help him get noticed.
After interviewing Rodger and learning more about his background, Hay realized that Rodger had accomplished quite a bit in his career, but his resume wasn't showcasing his stories of success in a way that would differentiate him in the eyes of the employer. For example, she learned that Rodger had been recruited by his former manager to revitalize an under-performing department which he did successfully by improving team morale, standardizing delivery of IT services, and improving both customer and inter-departmental relationships.
However, Rodger had been reluctant to put any information other than general job tasks on the resume, so his achievements and unique value proposition were unknown to others - until Hay came along and breathed new life into Rodger's ailing document.
Roger received a job offer just three weeks after having his resume rewritten. You can view the results below.
Rodger Gonzales, MCSE, CPA
ITIL Process - Team Leadership - Customer Satisfaction
Six Sigma - Reputation for Integrity and Quality
Analytical IT professional with financial expertise delivers strong technical solutions that solve business problems; always keeps an eye on bottom line business benefit. Offers a proven record of making outcome-based decisions that drive business process improvements and system-wide standardization. Builds teams that take pride in developing high-quality, dependable systems and services.
· Technology Asset Management
· Deployment and Implementation
· Project Management
· Cross Functional Management
· Performance and Productivity Improvement
· Change Management
TEXAS HEALTH & SERVICES (Southern States Healthcare Organization) 2004–PresentManager, IT Service Delivery
Recruited by former manager to revitalize an under-performing department. Took full-circle approach of improving team morale, standardizing delivery of IT services, and improving both customer and inter-departmental relationships. Built the highest performing team of IT Specialists in the region as evidenced by continuously exceeding Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
· Led team that provided production and project support for desktops, networks, telecommunications, and applications. Supported vastly different infrastructure and application environments: 3500 users in hospital and clinic facilities, 1400 users in business office and senior and community services.
· Prepared departmental $1.7M budget for IT service management. Included variables and complexities such as operational changes, organizational changes, facilities changes, and proposed projects to build realistic budgets with attention to financial constraints.
· Co-developed root cause analysis process to get beyond symptoms of mission critical service interruptions. Identified underlying source of problems, and recommended solutions that were approved by CIO, successfully implemented, and highly effective.
· Conceived and established asset management practices and processes to track all assets from purchase to disposal.
Ø Managed inventory tracking establishing tight asset control standards region-wide.
Ø Merged database into incident tracking system providing ability to monitor support
trends. Identified root causes of suspicious issues and implemented resolutions that
increased efficiency and customer satisfaction and lowered overall support costs.
· Created a supportive team environment that was defined by collaboration and knowledge sharing; high retention rate within the team, 100% retention within the IT organization.
· Extended the service life of legacy systems with minimal increased overhead and impacts to users. Reacted to increased in-house support of out-of-warranty computers by improving inventory controls, increasing staff training and workspace.
· Active member of Enterprise Change Advisory Board that established and implemented structured change review process for all technology and application changes affecting production systems. For added efficiency, process standardization was dovetailed with initiative to develop SOPs.
AUDIOSYSTEMS, INC., Mountlake Terrace (Audio Equipment Manufacturer) 2003–2004IS Manager/Controller
Administered accounting operations, information systems, and computer operations and support.
· Improved performance and reliability of multiple systems-Windows domain controllers, Exchange servers, and hard drives-by reconfiguring problem installations.
· Created low cost disaster recovery plan for manufacturing process to mitigate catastrophic risks.
· Improved inventory tracking by creating a check-out process to control usage and reduce waste.
TEXAS HEALTH & SERVICES (Southern States Healthcare Organization) 2000–2003Server Engineer Level III
Led productive teams that delivered on regional information systems initiatives and provided Windows server support.
· Supervised Active Directory deployment team through evaluation, pilot, and implementation for entire Southern Texas Region. Tested extensively; deployed problem-free system on schedule.
· Facilitated a server build/configuration standards process to be used region-wide. Consensus driven effort ensured buy-in from the top down.
· Oversaw Technology Naming Standards committee that defined and established new server, computer, and user naming standards region-wide.
· Administered Windows servers in large hospital data centers and managed Exchange servers, Arcserve, InoculateIT Anti-Virus, and Novell servers. Responsible for operational and server support.
NELSON, CRUTCHER & COMPANY PLLC, Houston, TX (Accounting Firm) 1992–2000IT Manager
· Used extensive finance and accounting experience to analyze business policies and processes; deployed best practice solutions that aligned with business goals.
· Managed relationships with critical IT vendors that resulted in improved service at a reduced cost.
Assistant Controller, APM, Inc., Houston, TX: Oversight of monthly financials for 24 resort properties. Managed installation of network and conversion from manual to computerized accounting system.
Auditor, Price Waterhouse, Houston, TX: Audited financial statements for many industries (manufacturing, service, retail, and non-profit).
MS Office 2007 (Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint, Visio) MS Project, MS Sharepoint, Exchange, SQL, Ghost, Symantec, Active Directory, Arcserve, InoculateIT Anti-Virus, and Novell
Servers, routers, switches, DNS, NAT, vlans, subnets, TCP/IP, DHCP, Desktops, VOIP, CAT6, Fiber, VPN
ITIL, Six Sigma, Lean
Bachelor of Arts, Finance and Accounting, University of Texas, Phi Beta Kappa
Six Sigma Green Belt training
Graduate of 100's of hours of continuing management and leadership training
Regional Leadership Forum, Society for Information Management (SIM), 9 month program
HP - ITIL v2 Foundation
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)