Ryan needed a cover letter that showcased his ability to work on projects of a large scale and scope and consistently complete projects on-time and on-budget. In addition, Ryan is LEED certified, an important distinction in the construction industry. Ryan had a knack for containing costs and doing more with less, which was also noted in the cover letter.
265 Tremont Street • Staten Island, NY 10310 • Cell: 646-849-2603 • email@example.com
May 26, 2010
Jonathan Milan, VP-Staffing Solutions
2250 Broadway, Suite 302
New York, NY 10025
Dear Mr. Milan:
After successfully project managing construction and restoration initiatives for the Turner National Golf Course and Turner Corporate Plaza for the past five years, I am now seeking new challenges with another enterprising organization in need of someone with exceptional build/design, supervisory, and budgeting skills.
Credited with significantly impacting bottom-line profitability, I excel at maintaining a tight schedule and paying particular attention to sequencing during all construction projects. A partial listing of my key contributions to the Turner organization is detailed below.
- Grew construction contract 500% from four-building renovation project to renovation of seven estate buildings, five ground-up buildings, a six-lane competition swimming pool, four tennis courts, a water treatment plant, sporting clays, extensive underground piping, and another 18-hole course.
- Met all construction deadlines 100% of the time by proactively maintaining close communications with owner, architect, super, and subcontractors.
- Leveraged knowledge acquired through LEED Professional certification process to engineer a ground-up water treatment plant that exceeded environmental standards for water safety.
- Reduced construction budgets by millions of dollars without sacrificing quality by recommending cost efficient design changes and closely monitoring subcontractors.
- Decreased time spent waiting for building permits exponentially by fostering authentic relationships with town building departments and town boards and adhering to their standards.
- Eliminated need for eight project managers by streamlining processes and reducing redundancies.
- Halved costs associated with Turner Corporate Plaza restoration project by effectively negotiating with subcontractors and finishing project three months ahead of schedule.
Over my 15 year career, I have been privileged to partner with numerous high-end architectural firms including Davis & Smith, Ian Porter Associates, Gallard & Previ, and P. Smith Design and I've received international recognition for my work in Architectural Digest and House & Gardens. My previous experiences as president of my own architectural woodwork construction company has shaped my work ethic and contributed to my ability to maintain the owner's perspective with every budgetary decision.
I know that I can add similar value to another construction industry leader and would welcome the opportunity to discuss my qualifications in more detail. Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to hearing from you.
Barbara Safani, owner of Career Solvers, has over fifteen years of experience in career management, recruiting, executive coaching, and organizational development.
Barbara partners with both Fortune 100 companies and individuals to deliver targeted programs focusing on resume development, job search strategies, networking, interviewing, salary negotiation skills, and online identity management.
She is the author of Happy About My Resume: 50 Tips For Building a Better Document to Secure a Brighter Future and #JOBSEARCHtweet and her award-winning resumes are featured in dozens of career-related publications.