Ann managed all the day-to-day responsibilities of an executive assistant. But through my conversation with her I learned that she put in place multiple systems to make life easier for the team she supported.
Her resume focuses on how she created efficiencies within the department that ultimately saved time and led to an increase in office productivity.
20 Pinebrook Lane ▪ Atlanta, GA 30308 ▪ C: 404-231-2434 ▪ email@example.com
Experience managing, prioritizing, and delegating projects for senior executives and their teams in a large, fast-paced corporate environment. Success creating systems that streamline and simplify processes, reduce time spent on projects, improve productivity, foster teamwork, and create personal and team accountability.
New Hire On-boarding
Minor Equipment Repairs
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Lotus Notes, company proprietary systems for T&E/finance tracking
XYZ Corporation, Executive Assistant, Atlanta, GA, 2004 to 2010
Provide dedicated support to Senior Vice President charged with managing four global business entities, a $180M budget, and a staff of 350. Act as first line of contact for his five direct reports and internal/external clients; project-manage/delegate initiatives across cross-functional teams. Oversee all administrative functions, prioritize projects, and develop and track project milestones.
- Recruited to manage the administrative needs of the Senior Vice President and his five direct reports. Later recruited, trained, and indirectly managed five administrators hired to support the direct reports.
- Introduced inaugural project management, tracking, and filing systems to strengthen operational infrastructure, prioritize projects, facilitate follow up, and ensure on-time delivery that resulted in increased efficiencies and a jump in department productivity and accountability.
- Prepared several sophisticated PowerPoint presentations on leading-edge operational infrastructure improvements and strategy and saved the senior vice president dozens of hours in preparation time by researching and validating information from books, white papers, and proposals and streamlining content into business presentations for senior management, vendors, and consultants.
- Conceptualized and executed a department-wide systematized contact management initiative to expedite communications in the event of a disaster recovery effort.
- Participated in all senior level meetings and synthesized information into meeting minutes.
- Acted as ombudsman for company's diversity initiatives by participating as an event organizer for several corporate fundraisers.
ABC Foods, Management Trainee, Atlanta, GA, 2003 to 2004
Recruited from college to the company's management training program. Managed a 24/7 operation and oversaw a staff of 10 cooks and counter personnel. Offered promotion to management team following completion of the trainee program.
- Improved customer service scores by ten points over a 7-month period by recommending a phone survey to reach out to previous day's customers to gage their satisfaction with their dining experience.
B.A., Psychology, Morris Brown College, Atlanta, GA, 2003