521 Oakwood Drive • Hartford, Wisconsin 53222 • 262-555-7030 • firstname.lastname@example.org
High-energy, results-oriented professional with over ten years of supervisory, sales, and customer service experience. Proven ability to motivate employees to achieve optimum performance levels. Fast-track promoted at Kohl's Corporate Headquarters based on leadership qualities, strategic thinking, and astute relationship management skills. Designed and implemented employee development program that reduced customer complaints on call center staff by over 90% within a year. Skilled in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, CRM, and CICSP1 retail tracking software.
KOHL'S – Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin 2005 - 2008
Corporate headquarters of one of the nation's largest retailers; 2007 net annual income in excess of $1 billion.
Customer Service Coordinator (Manager) (2007 – 2008)
Managed operations of three national credit department call centers, supporting 40% of Kohl's total sales through store, on-line, and catalog purchases. Directly supervised 30 team leaders and 28 supervisors. Monitored service levels, call volumes and schedules; took action needed to ensure customer satisfaction, cost control, and efficiency. Developed daily call center team plans with strategic personnel. Handled outsourced call center interactions.
Enhanced Customer Satisfaction:
- Established higher call center standards by redesigning employee performance score cards to capture essential qualities of high-level customer service.
- Implemented automated call center customer survey and tracking system, resulting in valuable feedback for continuous improvement efforts.
- Strengthened service development program by integrating strong mentoring / coaching elements into new employee trainings.
- Increased efficiency by playing a key role in the implementation and training of new CRM software system.
Significantly Improved Employee Retention / Development:
- Designed (and trained supervisory staff to use) new employee motivational program which decreased employee turnover.
- Developed "Nesting Area" training resource for new employees to quickly and adeptly develop their knowledge base and customer service skills.
Supported Business Development / Growth:
- Played a key role in the creation and implementation of the "Personal Shopper", an innovative, personalized on-line service that contributed to increasing sales in its first year and was forecasted to have a significant positive impact on business.
- Facilitated training of supervisory and line staff at new Neenah location.
- Grew order fulfillment portion of department by 5% within a year.
Strengthened Team Building
- Established strong leadership team who acquired a stellar service reputation.
Customer Service Team Lead (2005 – 2007)
Oversaw 20+ customer service representatives, directly monitoring and coaching their call center performance. Resolved escalated customer complaints and issues, ensuring one call resolution. Facilitated team meetings; created agendas. Filled in for supervisor when needed.
- Promoted directly to Customer Service Coordinator position (skipping over Customer Service Supervisor position) based on:
- Proven ability to successfully manage three teams (60+ employees) for a five- month period during supervisory staff transitions.
- High level performance of my original customer service team.
- Developed internal reputation for excellent customer service leadership.
Customer Service Representative (2005)
Investigated and resolved customer inquiries concerning credit card accounts and gift card transactions. Processed returned mail inquiries, including insurance adjustments, name / address changes, statements, and letter requests. Assisted stores in verifying prices on merchandise returned without receipts, as well as with other issues that were escalated at the store level.
Promoted to Team Lead within five months of hire due to:
- Management's stated recognition of leadership potential.
- Consistently earning 95+ points out of 100 in performance score card system.
- Assimilating training quickly and then helping to train and coach other employees.
WE ENERGIES – Waukesha, Wisconsin 2004 - 2005
Pro Call Representative
Provided assistance to customers as needed in call center environment.
ARTHUR FOOD DISTRIBUTORS – Rochester, Illinois 2001 - 2004
Managed B2B (business-to-business) grocery store account sales, serving a four-county region in southern Wisconsin.
- Consistently met or exceeded sales quotas.
- Lauded by customers for helping them to establish and maintain optimum inventory levels.
HARN BROTHERS PIGGLY WIGGLY – Hartford, Wisconsin 1998 - 2001
Grocery Store Manager Assistant
Assisted with operations oversight of store. Scheduled and supervised staff of 80.
UPPER IOWA UNIVERSITY – Fayette, Iowa
Bachelor of Business Administration, May 1997
- GPA 3.6 / 4.0
- Honors: Listed in Who's Who Among American College Students; Scholastic Honor Society; Recipient of Vincent Luce Memorial Scholarship; Dean's List
KOHL'S UNIVERSITY – Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Trainings, 2005 - 2008
- Preventing Harassment; Instructional Leadership; Ethics; FMLA / Medical Leave; MS CRM; MS PowerPoint; MS Excel; MS Access; Time Management; TANDEM; CICSP1; Scheduling