Many blue collar workers have never needed a resume before. But as they apply for positions in today's market or if they are seeking a white collar job, the resume may become a necessity. For George's resume, we focused on his experience managing vendor and contractor teams and directing large-scale capital improvement and renovation projects to prove his ability to oversee workers who don't directly report to him and to show his reader the scope and size of the projects he has worked on.
|115 Flatbush Avenue
|Brooklyn, NY 11232
- Ten years' experience overseeing capital improvement, infrastructure development, and large scale renovation projects for upscale commercial properties.
- Success managing teams of up to 16 and delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Proficient in facilities management, preventative maintenance, building safety, and compliance.
Areas of Expertise
Plumbing, Electrical, and HVAC Maintenance • Emergency Repairs • Safety/Security Solutions • OSHA Compliance • Sprinkler System Repair • Fire Extinguisher and Smoke Alarm Maintenance • Emergency Evacuation Procedures • Electrical Wiring • Reading and Interpreting Floor Plans • Materials Inventory/Purchasing • Staff Supervision/Development • Recruiting • Payroll Management • Maintenance Reporting
ABC REALTY, 1999 to Present
Manage 18-tenant, 120,000 square ft. full city block commercial property and ten-unit mixed use professional office space. Recruit and train staff of nine security, maintenance, and facilities personnel. Liaise with outside contractors, architects, board of directors, and tenants to ensure the physical, mechanical, and electrical aspects of facility run smoothly.
- Oversaw 26,000 square foot roof replacement project that included upper and lower sections.
- Supervised up to 16 electricians, carpenters, and maintenance staff during $2 million building renovation of all common areas including a 5,000 square ft. lobby.
- Managed multiple high-end tenant renovations for such prestigious clients as Sloane Galleries and Vivian Fashions. Coordinated demolition, electrical, plumbing, and painting.
- Coordinated upgrade of fire alarm system from mini class E to full class E three-month installation and oversaw three electricians.
- Project managed heat exchange initiative to replace rusty and leaking units.
Associates Degree, Business Administration and Management, 1999
Kingsborough Community College, Brooklyn, NY
New York City Fire Safety Director • Standpipe with City Mains • Maintenance Sprinkler System • Oil Burner Superintendence I and II (432 hours) • Refrigeration Certificate License (216 hours) • Refrigeration and Air Conditioner Repair (216 hours) • Absorption Systems (108 hours) • Apprentice Training-One Year Building Maintenance Mechanic • Department of Environmental Protection Approved Certificate for operating residual fuel, oil burners, and incinerators • Security Systems • Locksmith Training • Beginner and Intermediate Computer Course
Microsoft Word and Excel