10 Part-Time Jobs to Pad Your Pocket

part time jobsAlthough the job market today is improving, there are still 15 million unemployed people in the United States, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

That's 15 million people looking for something -- anything -- to earn a few extra bucks.

In March 2010, the number of people working part time for economic reasons (also referred to as involuntary part-time workers) increased to 9.1 million. According to the BLS, these people were working part time because their hours were cut back or because they were unable to find a full-time job.

If you're looking for a way to boost your income, if you're either unemployed or looking to pad your full-time salary, here are 10 part-time jobs experiencing job growth in the next 10 years:

1. Animal caretaker

Job growth: 14 percent

Number available jobs: 152,500

Annual salary: $23,460

Next: Four Most Available and Highest-Paying Part-Time Jobs >>

* Number of available jobs from 2008 to 2018

** Median annual wages from May 2008

Get the latest job search news and advice on CareerBuilder.com's job seeker blog http://www.theworkbuzz.com/ and follow us on Twitter @CBforJobSeekers.

ricervaia25

MY GUARDIAN ANGEL INCOME SYSTEM

As seen on Oprah!!! $50K in your PayPal Account!

That‘s Right - $50,000 in your PayPal account and that‘s NO JOKE!!

IT WAS PROVEN ON OPRAH, CNN, 20/20 and various highly respected U.S. TV and radio programs as being 100% legal, feasible and true!

For the price of 2 $5 Subway Foot-Longs You Can Help Someone and Change Your Life! It works QUICKLY and LEGALLY. Basically, this is all about PEOPLE HELPING PEOPLE.

Please check it out

Thank you.

March 28 2012 at 5:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
foreigntrade4

Wholesale Clothing Brands,Outdoor Jackets、Free Jackets、Down Jackets、Boots、The North Face、Canada Goose、Mamort、Mammut、Arcteryx、Columbia、Supras、Nike、Ugg、Asics...

October 11 2011 at 5:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
joana

Earning money has online never been this easy and transparent. You would find great tips on how to make that dream amount every month. So go ahead and click here for more details and open floodgates to your online income. All the best.

July 12 2010 at 3:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Russell

And if no attorney contacts me or offers me a job as a paralegal at his or her law firm, can I litigate against the entire legal profession? And why should I follow all of society's rules and look for a job in the first place? After all, Philip Soper once asked, "What IS law that I should obey it?" My raising questions such as these resulted in my receiving shock therapy and two lobotomies.

July 04 2010 at 10:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Russell

Due to a recent lobotomy, I am somewhat challenged intellectually. I was expelled from kindergarten on account of behavioral problems -- i.e., sociopathy and profound psychosis -- and because I ardently refused to speak English, preferring my native Tocharian (western dialect), which no one else on the planet speaks. So much for cultural diversity and inclusiveness! Can I sue someone? I believe I've been a victim of discrimination. Where can I file a lawsuit? This country has many, MANY lawyers. There must be quite a few who would be slavering to take up my case!

July 04 2010 at 10:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jennifer

I just quit a job as security in the State of FL. Imade 9.00 an hour 32 hours a week. Do the math. Plus Florida requires a license (2 if you are armed) and 40 hrs of training. 28 additional for armed. I made 9.75 when I was armed. I quit to do network marketing, where I can set my own hours and not work nights. (by the way, if you fall asleep doing security, the state will FINE you 500 bucks and you are automaticly fired.) Security is not the 'cakewalk' people think it is.

July 04 2010 at 10:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Caterina Pryde

Another seriously disingenuous article by AOL jobs. ALL the salary information is the rate for FULL time on the position, beside the fact that most of the jobs require training or certifications. Just ridiculous.

July 04 2010 at 8:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gina

Ditto...

July 04 2010 at 8:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Diana

Nobody says you HAVE to speak another language. But, it will help if you do. In fact, I think it opens a lot of doors. My grandparents were immigrants. They made sure that all the kids knew how to speak English. Two of my grandparents never really mastered English and I'm sure they preferred speaking the language that they knew best. Now, I wish I knew how to speak another language. In fact, most people in other countries ARE bi-lingual. My objection, and I think it's the same for most people, is that some new immigrants want to reap all the benefits, and are not willing to embrace their new homeland. The belief that someone feels "entitled" can enrage even the most easy going citizens. If all they can do is complain about our country, it makes sense to say that if they don't like it here...they should just go back to where they lived. I have traveled to a lot of places outside of the US. It's surprising what other cultures find rude or incorrect. I guess it makes most Americans angry if they feel compelled change their customs in order to accomodate other cultures, and I agree. I can't imagine having a Battle of Gettysburg celebration in Mexico. So, I don't "get" why we celebrate Cinco de Mayo in the States. When
in Rome...

July 04 2010 at 7:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TONY506

GET A SECURITY JOB AT A HOTEL IN FL.
ALL YOU CAN DO IS OBSERVE AND REPORT!
YOU CAN'T STOP OR DETAIN ANYONE, CAN'T MAKE AN ARREST,THE HOTEL IS AFRAID THAT THEY WILL GET SUED, THE HOTELS RATHER THAT YOU GET HALF BEATEN TO DEATH SO THAT THEY DO NOT GET SUED.
GO ON WORKERS COMP. IT'S CHEAPER FOR THEM!
ONE WHO HAS BEEN THERE!