Bad Boss? Complain Here!

Whether you love or hate your boss, there's a site up where you can post your kudos and complaints -- and you can do it anonymously. It's called EBossWatch.com, and although you can use it to sing your boss's praises, the horror stories get a lot more attention.

According to EBossWatch.com, a recent nationwide study found that 37% of American workers, or about 54 million people, have been bullied at some point in their careers. Also, the study found that 62% of employers ignore the bullying problem and 45% of workplace bullying victims suffer stress-related health problems.

Take, for instance, the Worst Boss of the Year section, which involved a panel of workplace experts selecting and ranking the 25 Worst Bosses of 2009 who made headlines across the country and abroad. Several restaurant managers, a coroner, the former NASA inspector general, an NFL head coach, and a candidate running for US Congress were listed among the bad guys, the latter having been sued by a colleague for allegedly making sexual advances towards her and then trying to get her fired for refusing his sexual advances. And you thought your boss was bad!

Here are some of the other infringements that gained their perpetrators top ranking:

• The employees of a water distribution superintendent in Louisiana recorded a four-hour meeting in which the boss used hundreds of obscenities and ordered one of the supervisors to physically attack an equipment operator.

• Numerous eyewitnesses saw the head coach of the Oakland Raiders punch an assistant coach at the Raiders training camp in August. The assistant coach suffered a broken jaw from the attack.

• A manager at a US Army arsenal in Michigan was sued for workplace bullying and disability discrimination by a former soldier who received a Purple Heart and who lost his hand and suffered other serious injuries in an explosion while serving in Iraq.

• The owner of a sawmill in Virginia was sued by the EEOC for allegedly trying to kiss a number of female employees, making inappropriate sexual comments to female employees, and offering a female employee $100 if she would show him her breasts. One victim who complained to supervisors about the harassment was fired.

• The owner of several Mexican restaurants in New York City was sued for allegedly violating federal and state labor laws by withholding minimum wages, overtime compensation, misappropriating employee tips, retaliation, pregnancy discrimination, assault and battery, and creating a hostile work environment for numerous employees.

• The female kitchen manager at an American Legion Post in Minnesota was accused of sexually harassing a male bartender, grabbing his groin, trying to kiss him, and sexually propositioning him. The victim's complaints to supervisors were not investigated, and the victim ultimately quit several months later after developing ulcers and suffering from nightmares and depression.

The site gives the names and locations of these bad bosses as a deterrent for other bully boss behavior, but also as a warning to those who might be considering working for them. The site's motto is "Nobody should have to work with a jerk." There's a place for you to rate your own boss, and an area where you can search to find out if there are any complaints filed against your current boss, or the one you're considering working for.

An extensive "eBossWatch Boss Background Check" will cost you $19.95, and that includes searches of county and federal court records as well as local and national media sources to discover if your potential boss has ever been accused of infractions such as creating a hostile work environment, sexual harassment, or employment discrimination.

Or you can simply go on the site and anonymously vent about your bad boss for free.

You can do it here as well. Do you have a bad boss story? Are you tired of taking all that abuse? If you're mad as hell and you're not going to take it any more, feel free to rant away below.

Next: Worst Boss Stories...Ever! >>

Loki Focus

post bad bosses info and let's raid there Facebook and give bad reviews **** those ********!!!!!!!!

August 22 2015 at 5:04 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Loki Focus

my ex boss Steve @abc liquor lansing on facebook refused to pay me my last check because I quit cuz he wouldn't give me a schedule and wanted me to be on call for 8.15 hr.at a liquor..please help by giving 1 star reviews on the facebook page or call him and tell him to pay his employees..517-580-4839.hope someone helps!!

August 22 2015 at 4:59 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Brooke Mann

Lori chilcutt is a conniving back stabber. Anyone who works with her, watch your back

November 18 2014 at 2:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Robert Gadol

I worked for pizza point in Miami shores on and off for the last10 years, I should have seen this coming, the more favors for the boss owner ashwani kumar the more hours you receive as a pizza delivery driver, after losing my job as a Chinese food driver, because my eyesight started to go bad due to retinitis, mr kumar rehired me, I informed him of my eyes and he suggested I just worked daytime, I went to the eye hospital were I was told I could not drive until my eyesight got better, during this time I repainted the outside building of pizza point, redid the garden outside pizza point, after my eyesight returned I was given 3 1/2 days of work as a driver, still giving of fixing and repairing most everytning at pizza point, bleaching the sidewalk, trying to remove the odor of the urinal in the mens room, cementing and sloping the rear of the building, repainting the blacktop in the parking lot and putting the dividing lines between the parking places, buying potted plants to beautifying the dining room, fixing and repairing the kitchen sink, and working a full week, these are 12hour shifts 11-11 after one of the drivers quit, mr kumar hired two new drivers told me to take a few days off, 2 is a couple 3 is a few on my 3rd day i received a text message on my phone "thanks for every thing I need you no more" I don't know who is the bigger A.. hole me or mr kumar

February 13 2014 at 12:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tawana Smith Edgars

The bosses at American Resale Thrift Store in Alabama are just about the worst I've ever had the sorry priviledge of coming in contact with. The stores aren't actually actually charitable organizations like Goodwill and the Salvation Army. America's Thrift Store is a For Profit Thrift Store and they give a very small amount to their ministries (Kings Ranch and Hannah's Home). The bosses really crack the whip and they make their employees feel like they're low down dirty dogs. They'd carry around whips and whoopin' belts if they could get away with it. They want their workers to work like they've got eight arms and the speed of an automated assembly line. It's crazy. No worker stays more than a couple of months since they get so tired of being berated and put down constantly.

April 21 2013 at 2:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wanda

My boss is very power happy I work at a assisted living and she is the worse boss I have ever had she treats her staff like they are below her feet she is very hateful to very one a staff member took some boxes home and just because someone else wanted them she made the staff member bring them back my god they were boxes she goes against the state laws real bad i hate this woman all she does is sit in her chair and drink pepsi and eats chocolate candy she as big as a farm she just isn't a very nice person.

August 18 2010 at 8:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
n

Where I work the manipulative girl who is a thief to booth somehow won over the boss and was given an assistant manager over us. She hates him but in front of him smiles and purrs. In the meantime the one who works hardest is not recognized.

July 17 2010 at 7:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Christy H

Every day I see hear and am a part of inadequate management. I see incompetant mangers treat their employees terribly and make rash decisions based on bull just so they won't have to deal with the real issues and problems -too much work effort. I have also been punished, and retaliated for being dedicated and honest and hard working. All by people who sit at their desks on the phone all day laughing and joking away while I am in a non airconditioned area swelting through 90 plus degrees to 103 and higher degrees and in the winter colder than 40 degrees. And yes I understand! We have created self centered manipulative self focused people by giving our children everything not letting them understand the need to work for it, earn it and no they just aren't entitled to everything contrary to popular belief! I have worked many jobs sometimes 2 1/2 for periods to get all my bills paid and keep everything together. SOme of these people have had everything handed to them and get everything they want whenever they want. THATS the problem! Values, respect, and regard for others and responsibilities MUST be taught and learned during childhood by responsible caring parents! And CAring, responsible teachers and social structures. If this is not done by the time a person reaches13 or 13 well they have already been indocterinated into manipulation, evil, sneaky self centered tricks and behavior patterns! My ex's son was an expert at manipulation, deviousness and self centeredness! No one was safe or immmune either!

July 15 2010 at 2:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Olivia

Thank you for this opportunity to vent. I worked for a very large grocery chain as a cashier. I worked there for two years. I never took time off, always came in at a moments notice when someone called off, and was never late.
I requested my earned vacation and management lost my request, so I came in to work because I was on the schedule. I submitted another form for the following week. I later learned that I needed to give two weeks notice for vacation requests. I had given 12 days. Well, on the day that I was
supposed to be on vacation but came in to work, my husband was going for a blood test. While at work, a woman customer swindled me out of $10. The customer behind her said, "if I didn't know better, I'd think you're running $5's on her." She was. I didn't catch it. The very next day, I was brought in and fired. I explained that I had a life and death situation at home. I said that I would need to continue my benefits. I came home fired and my husband's test results came back. He had cancer. I lost my husband and my job in the same month. He died due to pancreatic cancer 23 days after my termination. They also took away my earned vacation pay.

The union representative said that a grievance would be filed, but nothing was done on my behalf. NOT ONLY DID THEY ATTEMPT TO TAKE AWAY MY HUSBAND'S LIFE INSURANCE BENEFITS AFTER I SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED THAT MY BENEFITS BE CONTINUED, THEY HAD JUDGES FORCE ME TO PAY BACK NEARLY $1,000.00 I HAD CONTRIBUTED INTO UNEMPLOYMENT. IF I DIDN'T, THEY WERE GOING TO ASSESS INTEREST, FINES AND CHARGES.

Now, I will vent! The person managing the store should not be at this store, as the person is racist. I saw the person go back into their office and MIMIC the customer complaining.

When my husband told the person in charge of the union that he had cancer, the person said that he would be prayed for.
Is that what I was paying union dues for?

They have decided to keep as employees; one in the cash office, and the other a manager, who discussed, in my presence selling, buying, and use of an illegal substance. This person has had pot parties with other employees.
I know it is hearsay, but I'm repeating what I heard from several sources. I'm not a prude but I do not believe the workplace should be used to transact illegal substances.

On Christmas Eve, I worked my shift on a cement floor. (Everyone else had a pad.) Rain was dripping from the ceiling on customers and myself. The person in charge checked it and decided that it was negligible. My knee started bothering me after that day.

Last, but not least,in two separate incidents, I was asked to spank a manager in the cash office, and jokingly? asked by a woman manager to go home with her.

p.s. I changed my name because I am afraid of a lawsuit!

In conclusion, big business has no heart any more. I should have been allowed to take off time

July 15 2010 at 10:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brenda

In 1993, I was laid of from a job and was on unemployment for a year. I am female and in 1994 I went to work for a very high end crystal and china retail outlet. I went in this brand new store as the shipping and receiving clerk. We had to completely stock the store, display all the merchandise and get it ready to open. I had a very nice caring manager and asst. manager. We all work together great and got along very well. The store was beautiful. I really exceeded in displaying the crystal and china. I loved working in displays. It was hard work and heavy work. This went on for about 2 years. The assistant manager went on to bigger things and left. I was promoted to asst. manager. I worked as the asst. manager for about 2 years. When in came a new regional manager. The manager of the store knew what was going to happen, as she had worked in retail before and she gave her two week notice. She warned me that I would not get the manager position but I took the chance anyway. Knowing what my manager told me I stayed on expecting to be promoted to manager. I ran the store for about 6 months and even put in my resume for the position. For 6 to 8 months while the regional manager got thing together I ran the store at the manager level but got asst. manager pay. Now remember this store was my baby I had been there since the day it opened. I knew how to run the store and did my job good. The regional manager, who came from a luggage retail store, over looked me for a lady that had worked for him in a luggage retail store. This is how retail worked. He nor she had any knowledge or skill of how to display or run a crystal and china store. I thought since she had more knowledge and skill of how to run a retail store in general I would make the best of a bad situation. I trained this woman for the next 8 months on displaying, paper work, payroll everything. About 1 month into being hired she hired a lady that was her assistant at the luggage store that she had come from. She started giving me bad reviews to her boss and critizing my work. She did the schedule so of course I worked all of the holiday and most weekends, while she and her assistant took days off at a time. Working close to 50 hours a week I didn't even get two days off together. She took advantage of my salary pay. My last evaluation was bad, especially the last one before I quit. Three days after I gave my notice she promoted her previous assistant to assistant manager. After I left I thought how stupid can you get, I should have listen to my manager that left and quit when she did. I did not realize how retail worked until I went to work for one. Never would I work for a retail again. This high end store was the very prestegious Waterford Wedgwood Outlet.

July 11 2010 at 4:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply