It's the great depression all over again

May 08 2010 at 10:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Hey T! I DO have a college education that I didn't suck the military for. I had the college degree BEFORE I attempted to enlist! I was over qualified for everything and that's what the recruiter told me! He told me that since the military really didn't know what to do with females at the time and the fact that the males most certainly wouldn't want to take orders from a female, he advised me not to enlist! No mental illness that has been claimed here! Gee, if someone has a different opinion or fact than you believe you all resort to name calling and attacking that person. NOW WHO'S MENTALLY UNSTABLE?

May 06 2010 at 1:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

@ Vera, hang in there...they kept tellin me something was coming. I just didn't know I'd be paying to come to work, and might I add driving 40 miles one way...OMG!!! I looked up cause I need gas, and it's $2.99 a gallon. Can we all get a break. Thanks for the congrats, cause a piece of job is better than none. @ Jennife....never give up...Things happen we when least expect them.

May 04 2010 at 7:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Sounds like Katie hit a nerve. I'm a Vet and never got a single dime of taxpayer money after I got out of the Navy in 1966. I wonder how much money we taxpayers would save if only Vets got Veterans Day off every November 11th? Instead of Vets getting the day off, every single person on local, state and the federal payroll gets a holiday. The ones who do work that day on the taxpayers dime get double time or double time and one half. One out of every fifteen workers in America are paid by tax dollars. How much money does that cost???

May 04 2010 at 2:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I DID NOT knock military service and the preference afforded them. I was NOT turned down for military service. At the time I attempted to enlist the recruiter was honest with me and advised me that the military did not know what to do with females other than stick them behind a desk and never promote them. I OUTSCORED EVERY MALE IN THE ROOM WHEN I TOOK THE ASFAB TEST! The recruiter was being honest in telling me I could probably do better in the private sector. It was his words, not mine, that said WE DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH WOMEN IN THE MILITARY! At that time, women were not allowed in anything except office jobs. So, the recruiter told me to use my intelligence and persue other avenues. I thank him for his honesty then, I just didn't realize that my intellilect would be used against me in later life!
I just arranged for interviews for a government position in the office I'm working in as a contractor. A non-veteran scored 100% on the qualifications test that asks about your training, experience and abilities. She didn't even get an interview The "veteran" that got the job confessed to me that they hadn't EVER worked in an office and this position was for a purchasing agent! Screw the most qualified! Screw the person who went to school for this. Hire the vet so the government (TAXPAYERS) have to spend many dollars "Training" this person for a job they weren't qualified to apply to in the first place! WOW, that's greatl

May 03 2010 at 11:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

These days those of us seeking employment are in life rafts trying to stay afloat. No matter who we are or what we did before, the story is the same. We all want a job and are doing all we can to find one. I feel guilty not spending all my time on the hunt. But to retain my sanity, I have to get away.

And please, don't pick on our military folks. They serve/served our country to keep us free. Knowing a young man who went through some real horrors and is disabled for life, I can't thank them enough for their sacrifices and wish them the best. Where would we be without these fine men and women????

May 03 2010 at 9:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

You should be kissing every VETS a** that you can find. They are the reason you have the right to express your thoughts and views, even if those thoughts and views are whacked! God Bless our Servicemen and Women serving now and God bless our VETS of every era.

May 03 2010 at 9:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

That is just one of the problems with liberals. They think they speak for everyone. If Bush Jr. as you call him had not took the action he did we would have been fighting terrorist in the streets of America. Although I have serious doubts that you would.

May 03 2010 at 9:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Yeah Bat Boy the job market is bustin' at the seams with Barry at the wheel. Keep it up Barry . You still have some people fooled!

May 03 2010 at 9:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Hey Katie, Why do you have to blame your bad luck on us Vets who never knew if "bad luck" was around the next hill? Besides I hear a lot about people with degrees get the job because they're disciplined. Extra 4 years of partying is what I saw a lot of the time. Disciplined education - anyone who served got that. Leave me alone with your BS (and I don't mean Bachelor of Science either).

May 03 2010 at 9:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply