10 Classic Cubicle Capers

office humorThe office hijinx in movies like Look and Office Space pale in comparison to the crazy office cubicle capers we've found on YouTube. From stuffing a workspace full with packing peanuts to creating an entire office environment out of cardboard, these videos are sure to give you some creative ideas to welcome back that co-worker who got to vacation in Hawaii while you had to cover her phone and take care of her clients.

Search Job Openings

In Partnership With

1. Magazine Mosh Pit

Co-workers capture the entire process on camera, from creating a cubicle moshpit by ripping out magazine pages one-by-one, to showing the punked co-worker diving into the magazine mayhem.

2. This Stunt is Nuts!

A worker is none too pleased to find packing peanuts stuffed into her cubicle.

3. Foiled Again!

Co-workers carefully cover every part of the cubicle in aluminum foil.

4. In the Spirit of Giving -- All Wrapped Up

The office practical jokers get into the spirit of giving, by gift-wrapping everything in holiday paper - even the chair.

5. Cardboard Cure for Boredom

Call it creative: employees cut out a cardboard office: complete with a computer and pressed-paper fridge.

6. Shrink-Wrapped and Ready

It's one thing to cover a phone with cellophane - it's quite another to create a roof that makes the occupant have to stoop over to get to his desk.

7. Note to Self: Hide the Post-Its Next Time

The guy punked with post-it notes makes this video with his reaction to his covered cubicle.

8. Cup O' Crazy

Carefully aligned cups cover the cubicle - the poor punked worker will need a double espresso to clear out his office space.

9. Pop! Goes the Vacation Buzz

A worker is speechless when she sees her cubicle packed with balloons.

10. Headline -- Cubicle Gets Covered

At least this co-worker can catch up on all the news he missed on vacation.

Want More Office Hijinks?

Filed under: Office Humor, Lists
More From Steve Oldfield
The Results: Which CEO are You?

Steve Oldfield

Editor

Steve Oldfield has worked as an anchor, reporter and producer on the local and national level in a broadcast journalism career that has taken him from Australia to South Africa on assignment.
He currently works as an entertainment/feature reporter for Fox-19 in Cincinnati, Ohio and he teaches in the Electronic Media Division at the University of Cincinnnati.
Oldfield also has worked as a speaker for Monster.Com’s Making it Count program, helping high school students and their parents learn about college scholarships and financial aid.
He is currently featured in the new book “Career Comeback” by Lisa Johnson Mandell.
Oldfield is a graduate of Northwestern University’s Medill School of Journalism where he founded Northwestern Student Television.  He has been a fellow of Georgetown University’s Institute on Political Journalism and the Poynter Institute for Media Studies and he is a member of the Broadcast Film Critics Association.

Chiqua

A prank I still remember: I used to do Data Processing for a steel company. We all had our own drawers. One afternoon I came in to start the swing shift and couldn't figure out why the day shift operator was hanging around. I pulled open my drawer to find one black ( plastic ) spider right in the middle of a white sheet of paper. Even knowing it was plastic,and not really afraid of spiders, I shrieked, 'WHO PUT THAT IN THERE ?!" She and my bosses were laughing so hard I thought they would fall down. After I regained my breath, I also laughed. Priceless !

May 01 2010 at 7:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RICHnCA

Could be, it would have been in 1978 or 79 at the Hawthorne, CA store. What's your dad's name?

April 28 2010 at 5:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Unpaid Overtime releif

One Halloween, I got to a co-worker by taking spun fiberglass cobwebs, and starting at the top of the cube worked my way down until I had to crawl out of the cube on my belly. The cube was a mass of criscrossed cobwebs. Being a little short, she left the top layer on and worked under the shroud of cobwebs all day long.

She got revenge when the football team from my college lost to her college FB team. My cube was imersed in streamers of the colors of the rival team to the point that a few people thought it was my birthday.

April 28 2010 at 2:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Barbara

Seriously why do people have to be so uptight? That is why this world is so miserable, because of bosses like you!!! I can bet you the people at these jobs, love their job and work hard for the boss and the turn-over rate is minimal. I would quit a job with a tight-a** dipwad for a boss in a heartbeat and do the bare minimum just out of spite!! Productivity in a good workplace is higher than one with a miserable SOB for a boss. Making things fun every once in a while makes it more enjoyable. Surely this is not done on an every day basis and the supplies except for the peanuts was probably brought in by the employees. Lighten up!! Maybe they did this after work. My coworkers and I work very hard and do a damn good job at what we do but we also keep the mood light and enjoyable. I dont wake up dreading going to work and that is key in this day and age. Keep being miserable, you might live in a big house and run peoples lives but life will never be as good as it can be because your sorry a** never enjoyed life.

April 28 2010 at 1:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bonan

To Reynolds - My God I think I know you. I can't remember the name of the character who did that many years ago. Does the names Hughes Aircraft and Camp Pendleton mean anything to you?

April 28 2010 at 12:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
goob6266

Geez some of you people really need to lighten up. Who's to say that they used the businesses supplies to do some of these? I don't know of many companies that have alumium foil sitting around and I'm guessing the ones with the magazine pages were possibly collected from the employees own personal reading material. They could have very well used their own time (after or before work) to set up. Have a sense of humor.

April 28 2010 at 12:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CmdrKat

I certainly hope the pranksters helped the "victims" clean up the mess. And what a waste of things like sticky-notes and foil! My girls were pranked by a couple of bellmen friends at a resort when they were off having their 1st snowboarding lessons. Of course they came back stiff & sore, only to find 100's of 1/2-filled plastic cups of water all over the floors, the beds wrapped from one side completely across to the other with plastic wrap, then covered with candy. Of course they had the cup of water on top of the bathroom door. These guys were off-duty firemen at part-time jobs. I got them back (knowing they were both going to work at the fire staitons the next day) by unwrapping 2 full boxes of tampons and tying them to their rear bumpers that were concealed by shrubbery where they parked, accompanied by inflated latex gloves tyed to short strings that "waved" at people as they drove to their stations. Their fellow firemen were howling with laughter when they came in and got the entire thing on video-I'd called to let them in on the prank! I was "paid back" on my next visit by having a dead Rattle Snake "skewered" down my truck's antenna. I made them take it off & wash my truck "or else"...

April 28 2010 at 12:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Leon

Best one yet. I worked with a guy who was deathly affraid of snakes. We but a rubber snake in his desk drawer. No need to go on about that uproar. lol Then for the final episode on this guy - someone put a rubber snake above his visor in his car. That was the last time we saw the guy for about 3 months, after he got out of the hospital. ha ha ha

April 28 2010 at 12:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Leon

It shows to me that there is too much free time at the work place to do all that stuff.

April 28 2010 at 12:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marcia

Best one done to me and by me:

A co-worker unplugged my phone cord so when I picked it up the whole thing came out in my hand. I thought it was funny!
so ...
I mixed my business cards in different spots in his card holder and from time to time he handed out me card! He thought it was funny!

April 28 2010 at 11:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Search Jobs

In Partnership With
Keywords:
Location:

July 20 - July 27

Looking for work? See what companies added new openings this week.

×

Check out our new Map Search

Locate your next job using the new AOL Jobs Map Search!

Pin down your next great opportunity today.