Work Quotes: 13 Funny Favorites
Musings about work life have long been fodder for humorists, authors, executives, and just your general "Joe Worker bee." Here are some of my favorite quotes about work.
- Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties. - Doug Larson
- Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I got to work. - Robert Orben
- If a train station is where a train stops, what's a work station? - Author Unknown
- We pretend to work because they pretend to pay us. - Author Unknown
- Executive ability is deciding quickly and getting somebody else to do the work. - John G. Pollard
- Many people quit looking for work when they find a job. - Author Unknown
- A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B. - Fats Domino
- Monday is a lame way to spend 1/7 of your life. - Author Unknown
- If you have a job without any aggravations, you don't have a job. - Malcolm S. Forbes
- Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats. - Howard Aiken
- A Mission Statement is a dense slab of words that a large organization produces when it needs to establish that its workers are not just sitting around downloading Internet porn. - Dave Barry
- Researchers at Harvard say that taking a power nap for an hour in the afternoon can totally refresh you. They say that by the time you wake up you'll feel so good, you'll be able to start looking for a new job. - Jay Leno
- I've met a few people in my time who were enthusiastic about hard work. And it was just my luck that all of them happened to be men I was working for at the time. - Bill Gold
Got something funny to say about work? Let's hear it.
Barbara Safani, owner of Career Solvers, has over fifteen years of experience in career management, recruiting, executive coaching, and organizational development.
Barbara partners with both Fortune 100 companies and individuals to deliver targeted programs focusing on resume development, job search strategies, networking, interviewing, salary negotiation skills, and online identity management.
She is the author of Happy About My Resume: 50 Tips For Building a Better Document to Secure a Brighter Future and #JOBSEARCHtweet and her award-winning resumes are featured in dozens of career-related publications.