If I showed up for an interview, you would be impressed with my appearance. So, if any of you, responsible for hiring, need help I am looking. I live on the MD/PA line.
Have a good day

April 29 2010 at 9:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Lets face it. HR people have elevated themselves to the position of a God in this job market and all the pundents who are giving advice should get a real job. I would like to see these people unempoyed and searching for a job.

March 14 2010 at 9:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I have been in the "find a J O B" market for over a year now after making what I unfortunately thought was a conservative and contious decision to close my business and become a productive member of someone elses team. I have run the gamut of **I feel confident and will have no problem joining another business because I get it... to**Why did I not get that job, I have the credentials, personal appearance, savy and know-how... to** Is it my deoderant, was my breath bad, did I have a booger hanging in the interview... to** Nobody will hire me. Why and what did I do to become so undesireable. I have read all the opinions and articles about how to write a resume', a cover letter, dress for success... yada yada yada. In this economy nobody is safe and finding suitable employment and a meaningful position is harder than ever and it "aint gettin better" thanks to the obama admin.

March 04 2010 at 11:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I know you have probably gotten alot of emails, but, could you direct me to the legitimate work at home site?

March 04 2010 at 10:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I have been laid off since January 2009... I have 18 + years in clerical. I have even tried a new field in medical assistant, but was laid off-due to not enough experience. I checked into to going back to school to get the additional experience needed, but I do not qualify for grants, but do qualify for loans. I am looking to make money to pay my bills, not add to my monthly bills. (LOL). It seems like for every job I apply-- I have been told I am competing with at least 50+ for this position.
I submit via in person, fax, online, mail at least 5- 10 resume per week. In the last 2 wks I've had 3 interviews... I either make the top 10 - or the top 3. I have gone out of my comfort zone and applied for Security... I made the TOP 3 HOT LIST and had second interview -- just waiting now... Take what I can get...

March 04 2010 at 8:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Has anyone noticed that further degrees, certifications, etc. are not helping? Well, anyway, the unemployed and underemployed are very well-educated and can write great resumes!

March 02 2010 at 5:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

i was very loyal to my job for almost thirteen years, until one day, i needed a ride to work and my boss fired me, i was in total shock, employee's like to feel appreciated, also. I never took off work, even to go to the doctor. My boss counted on me to be there every day and i was there everyday. My boss didnt fire me, the store director did.How messed up is that.After, all the hard work and hours i put in, she did not even have my back (after she told me she would help me get a ride to work for short period)Just saying, sometimes, its not the employee..

March 02 2010 at 4:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Your experience and qualifications are impressive and your cover letter is well-written. During your "25 years of hands on diversified experience in the construction industry", did you make contacts and connections with possible clients? Why not start your own business?

March 02 2010 at 4:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

i just want to comment that there are some good comments on how to dress and apply for a job. I have a certification in pharmacy and cannot find a job, i cant believe i have 13 years experience and am having this kind of luck landing a job. I have been unemployed too long, i dont really want to sit around and try to collect unemployment, but, what am i suppose to do? I am at my wits end. I cant even afford to go to the doctor.Hope your having better luck than me. Have a good day.

March 02 2010 at 4:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Employees aren't loyal either. It is quite common for people to stay with a company for a short while and then look for other opportunities. When an employee leaves, the company has to advertise and interview and then train a new person for the position.

March 02 2010 at 4:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply