Quiz: The Best Job For Your Personality Type

personality quizOne of the first things a career coach might ask you to do when you begin working with her on a career change is to take a personality assessment test, for example, such as the testing developed by The Myers & Briggs Foundation. These personality tests are intended to gauge how you interact with other people, how you think and how you work, and then such tests come up with a personality type. In theory, different personality types are best suited to particular jobs, so the test can give you a sense of professions you might look into.

The brief quiz below is a sample of a personality test that you can try. It is not based on data from or affiliated with any formal testing service. Also, the quiz is not meant to be a substitute for any formal testing program.

Gerri Beckerman

Spot on!

April 24 2013 at 2:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gerri Beckerman

Spot on!

April 24 2013 at 2:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pixie

this is creepily accurate =S

November 06 2012 at 5:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
James

man this is an awesome test

April 17 2012 at 10:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
foreigntrade4

Wholesale Clothing Brands,Outdoor Jackets、Free Jackets、Down Jackets、Boots、The North Face、Canada Goose、Mamort、Mammut、Arcteryx、Columbia、Supras、Nike、Ugg、Asics...

October 11 2011 at 4:42 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
cheinzel97

im in usmmer school and im bored

June 28 2011 at 12:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to cheinzel97's comment
Sara Sandra Cruz

haha I didn't even know summer school started I graduated :p

July 06 2011 at 3:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lorena

This test made me cry--must be the feeling and perceiving part of my INFP analysis. It is awesome to see what I should have done with my life, vs. the way my life ended up. An impromptu life can produce results unimaginable, negatively and positively, but always with regrets that I didn't choose a path more compatible with my inner workings. What I'm trying to say is that I wish this test were available to me when I was scraping by in high school. Perhaps I could have then steered my life-ship in the right direction. Sadly, those jobs I seem most compatible with, according to this test, are those very jobs that have eluded me all my life. Live and learn.

September 29 2010 at 7:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Denis

I would tend to agree with weatherquill, I have taken many personality quizs and the results are always the same, no matter how much I would like to be someone else. It pegs me as a social worker and that is where my education previous and future lie. At 60, I am applying for a Masters degree program in social work.

September 29 2010 at 7:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MI Realm

Steve, I think you are taking the 'example' results a bit too literally. From your description of your job/life experiences you have exactly what was described in the analysis.
Being a trucker with that many (safe) miles is an accomplishment of some magnitude and skill for 'judging' relevant circumstances.

September 29 2010 at 2:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Court

This quiz told me I was an ISFJ, but for years I've gotten INTJ as a result. Sometimes, neither of the two options applied to me.

September 29 2010 at 10:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply