President Seeks Someone To Tweet

twitterIf you like to tweet and and you are into social media, you might want to apply for a job as President Barack Obama's personal tweeter.

According to a mass email sent to a listserv by Mia Cambronero, the president's current social networks manager, the job entails maintaining and updating Obama's personal accounts on various social media Web sites such as Facebook and MySpace. Cambronero will be stepping down from this position, and the White House is anxious to find a replacement.

Search Job Openings

In Partnership With

The Barack Obama Web site has an online application for the position outlining the qualities they are seeking in this social media guru. Among the required qualifications: "Ability to work under deadline pressure; ability to manage multiple complex projects; candidates must be willing to relocate to Washington, D.C." Furthermore, the social networks manager will work with all key personnel in the New Media Department with the main focus being: "to execute grassroots campaigns to advance the president's agenda for change."

The President's Take On Social Media

In a former blog posting by Sky Canaves from The Wall Street Journal, Obama was asked about his thoughts on China blocking the use of Twitter and Facebook, and the President admitted that "he sometimes wishes information wasn't so free. But ultimately it makes him a better leader and makes democracy stronger."

With that being said, Obama clearly wants to promote the free exchange of information, even if he is only approving it and not actually typing it himself on his status updates.

Do You Have The Tweet Stuff?

If you are seeking to break out of the 9-to-5 mold, and you possess excellent knowledge about all social media sites and what they have to offer, then maybe you should set your own sights on securing a job as the personal tweeter for the commander-in-chief. At the very least, it would be the most awesome status update of all time for your own Facebook page -- assuming you are allowed to disclose that information.

Gwen Parkes

Gwen Parkes

Editor

Gwen Parkes is a seasoned writer and editor and a subject matter expert (SME) on healthcare and healthcare reform. She spends her days freelancing for the National Institutes of Health (NIH), The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and various publishing houses. Parkes exercises everyday to cleanse her mind and find her inspiration- running and hot yoga are her current devices of choice- and she is an amateur chef and self-proclaimed foodie; she believes that good supermarkets are happy places, a good Pinot Noir goes with everything and coffee should be served hot, with cream and sugar and as frequently as necessary.

suziq402

I agree with you Eregler. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. It is just a shame that some people in America find that freedom intolerable when it comes to allowing anyone with a different opinion to speak it. I dont even care that these idiots that are bashing Judy have their own opinions, but I do wish that they were adult and educated enough to just speak their opinion without trying to purposely insult and degrade another human being who is just trying to exercise their right as an American with free speach.

February 23 2010 at 5:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JJ

I would love the be a part of this administration. President Obama promised us change and he is working on making our system better not the same ole same ole. It takes time to make those changes. Big business has been running this country for years, still is. We need to change policies on these former employees of the federal government that go on to be lobbyists and RUIN our country.

February 19 2010 at 2:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jay

FREEDDOM makes democracy stronger."
WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL AND promote the free exchange of information,
Oh, I love this country.
Tell me ,what other country can you name ,where you can apply for country's President as a personal TWEETER.
YES, ONLY USA.

Well I do not understand the mambo, jumbo of the qualifications the job requires. But ,it sure does make me VOLUNTEER.
May I have the liberty , to report for Duty.
I do not need to be paid.But I sure like the Title the Job has.
I will Tweet as much as I can handle, about the Mr. President's USA Exports Initiative Program.[Exports and American Ingenuity makes USA strong]

Hi, Mia Cambronero, [The President's social networks manager]
I would appreciate, if you let me stand in Queue and if you please include my name on Mr. President's TWEETER ROSTER.[Under Volunteer] No Pay.

Now, let me get going , so I can TWEET , this news.
This is Exciting.

Jay

entrepreneur

Reporting for Duty Mr. President

Ask what you can do for your Country"

February 19 2010 at 10:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
diane cassitta

Most of the above writers sound like 2nd and 3rd graders calling someone derogatory names without any substance! Republicans are good at that and remain to be as educated as 3rd graders... When one wants to make an allegation, they certainly should substantiate their accusation with facts. Unfortunately, Republicans tend to make comments more often than report the facts and worse is they believe what other Republicans say! That in itself tells you a lot about them as a whole.

February 19 2010 at 8:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Daniel

I felt like I was aurguing with Ann Colter yesterday. It was really pretty fun.

February 18 2010 at 3:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Daniel

isn't anybody bashing Obama today?

February 18 2010 at 3:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Daniel

hey, I missed you guys today

February 18 2010 at 2:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Judy Phillips

I hope the Health Care bill will pass.

Too, that serious oversight is needed for Medicare and BCBS

February 18 2010 at 11:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Judy Phillips

RAVEN: Surely you are aware that The Shrub could veto anything placed on his desk that he did not agree with.

Republicans Rubber Stamped everything Bush asked for and he, of course, signed it.

February 18 2010 at 11:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
danzillo4

First thing we all should do IS look up the word PROPAGANDA, most will be surprised of wha the word really means....

February 18 2010 at 5:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Search Jobs

In Partnership With
Keywords:
Location:

July 27 - Aug 3

Looking for work? See what companies added new openings this week.

×

Check out our new Map Search

Locate your next job using the new AOL Jobs Map Search!

Pin down your next great opportunity today.