Ugh, I agree with Naana.. These articles only make me more depressed. I apply all day, every day to tons and tons of jobs. I have a Master's Degree, experience, knowledge, and a good personality and NO ONE will hire me. What else do they want? These people that are hiring either: (a) want those who are willing to make minimum wage OR (b) those who have experience in a particular field where it almost seems impossible. And unfortunately, I live in New York, where according to the article, is the place where the least is hiring, the least amount of people are quitting, so whats a 25-yr-old graduate to do?!?!

February 21 2010 at 3:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sharon Elliott

I am an Office Manager/Fleet Manager by trade---lost my job due to lay-off 15 months ago. Looking for employment--even checking into starting back to school in April, for training to go into another field (medical).

February 17 2010 at 12:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Theresa Hartman

I am one of those who recently quit her job. I was working at an outbound call center, trying to get business owners to show them our "free" terminals and accessories. There were very few who wanted us to tell them it was free, and find out it was "free with service". Meaning, we didn't just bring them a free thing and leave it, we expected them to sign up and THEN they could use it for free. I felt like a fraud, I got yelled and sworn at daily, sometimes hourly, and I spent most of my time trying to get my mind off what I was doing.

I'd rather have my integrity and starve than live trying to put one over on people.

I did, however, start my own business as a consultant with a very high-integrity company. It's building slowly, but it will eventually pay the bills. Please pray for my success, as I am my family's breadwinner. Thanks.

February 10 2010 at 8:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

There's a gazillion (figure of speach)jobs in the paper around Toledo, Ohio that you can make under $10 per hour and most want a 4 year college degree. Can you live on that? Why waste the money on college? Burger King pays better!

February 10 2010 at 6:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Please stop printing articles like this....It is frustrating enough looking for a non-existent job without articles like this one that get your hopes up for a minute and then let you down because the jobs they offer want specific experience or they are not within a 50 mile radius of your home or its only part time or on-call...Who in the hell thought this would help? Obviously, they were not unemployed for a long time... This does not help. JUST STOP IT...Unless you can give some true job leads STOP THE MADNESS!!!

February 10 2010 at 5:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

More feel good nonsense. If you know where to look my fanny. Most people have nothing to look at. And those job categories they mentioned in article require degrees, experience, or both, even then it is slim odds. Most people looking for jobs are not getting anything, and most other jobs get outsourced to cheap contractors or offshored to other countries with cheap labor. Ahh, so nice to live in the good old USA.

February 10 2010 at 4:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I worked for 20 years as a high limit dealer at a major casino on the Las Vegas Strip. I was forced to retire for medical reasons. I ended up losing my home and selling my car.
Even though I was at times responsible for millions of dollars and was always honest and loyal, if I was to try and get employment now, it would be impossible. Why? because of my credit rating. Although, I am not searching for work, I think that in todays economy, credit scoring is not an accurate way to judge a persons worth as as employee.

February 10 2010 at 2:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Tomo's comment

amen to that.

February 10 2010 at 4:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I agree and when u try to work it out with CC companies they don't want to deal with u and in one case even hurt my scores more by closing an account that had been paid in full with no usage since '06. What's an honest person to do?

February 11 2010 at 12:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jimbo sausage

i got laid off now i go to the track bestthing ever happened to me YESSSSSSSSSSSS for bad economy

February 10 2010 at 2:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply