Office Humor: Asleep On The Job

Let's face it: we're a time starved nation. We like to multi-task, eat fast and stay up late (um, why do you think the Conan-Leno debate was so huge?) - which is why many of us are bleary-eyed as we drag ourselves into the office for another day of work.

Sooner or later, we all need a recharge...and sometimes our shut-eye at night just doesn't cut it. While our bosses might be able to draw the blinds, shut the office door for a bit and grab some zzz's unbeknownst to us, it's not that easy to take a take a nap in a cube.

So, until siestas get popular in the states or MetroNaps opens a location near you, the only other alternative is to get sleepy on the job. Even if it means your coworkers take video of it and post it to YouTube. Here are some of the ways our fellow colleagues have logged some snoozes on the clock.

Head Bobber - At Least This Guy Isn't Driving A Car

Can You Hear Me Now? Snoring Isn't Exactly A Sly Way To Sleep

Didn't Mom Ever Tell You It Isn't Nice To Sleep On The Job With Your Mouth Open?

And Yes, Your Co-Workers Will Wake You Up (Not In A Nice Way)

Finally, Take Note - Even The Boss Needs A Little R&R

Want to See More Office Hijinks?

-- Office Olympics

-- Extreme Office Stress Caught on Video

Dori

At the end there, you seemed to stutter - too tired to proofread?

February 19 2010 at 10:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Babs

AOL, could you PlEASE ban people who advertise in this area? Hardly anybody keeps to the subject at hand, it's all about advertisements! I report EVERY one of them I see but you never do a thing about it! I will soon be leaving AOL, the service has gotten very poor and it's just not worth it anymore.

February 09 2010 at 9:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joseph Papierz Jr

This is just another example of AOL writers having a slow day. There is no mention if the people in the videos had a reasonable nights sleep or not. Even if you work a double shift, 16 hours straight, there are still eight hours during which you could probably sleep at least five or six hours allowing for transportation time and a quick trip to the market to pick up something to eat.

February 09 2010 at 8:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
michael

No I have it and could not understand why I would fall asleep. Had the sleep study done and granted yes some people do it but some of those shots are clear indications of it.

February 09 2010 at 7:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Boggie

Sleep=Fired!

February 09 2010 at 7:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Moi

And this relates to the topic how?

February 09 2010 at 6:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeremy

I was feeling really tired one day, so on my lunch hour I went out to the parking lot and had a catnap in the back seat of my car. I woke up in time to get back to work on time. One of my coworkers was not so lucky. She lay down in a park, overslept her lunch hour and came back covered in leaves and grass!

February 09 2010 at 6:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tonyo

why do we have to see recurring ADS in these comment sections....

February 09 2010 at 5:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MIMI

In this day of stress, short fuses and workplace rage, the people taking their co-workers' pictures might consider whether they are endangering themselves and their families should their actions get the sleeper fired or demoted ... aside from the public humiliation through being exposed to millions via YouTube. Beware consequences .....

February 09 2010 at 3:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mroneoftheguys

I wonder if their bosses, and I'am sure by now they are aware of this article, find this all very funny...If their businesses are not doing well is it any wonder with people like these working for them....Looks like they all need a little time off without pay for this...also should be looking for another line of work if it ever happen again............

February 09 2010 at 2:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply