Psychic Twins Predict Your Career Future

Let's face it, most of the nation's most prestigious economists were gobsmacked by the nation's employment downturn--they simply didn't see it coming. So what makes the suits any smarter or more reliable than Terry and Linda Jamison, the world famous "Psychic Twins," who predicted the 9/11 terrorist attacks in 1999, and who have been telling me for the past two years that I'd better fasten my seat belt, because we're in for a bumpy economic ride. Did I listen? Well, no. Even though these ladies are my close friends, I'm still a bit skeptical of psychics. The result of my skepticism? I lost 25% of the value of my portfolio, and waved goodbye to some of my best freelance clients. Most of that could have been avoided if I'd followed their advice. If only I would have listened back then. I'm listening now. This is what they're predicting:

When are we going to get a break?

There will be a slow but consistent recovery, with the number of jobs making a marked increase by the end of 2010 and into 2011.

So what should job seekers do in the meantime?

It might be a good time to start your own business, to create a job for yourself, but only if you do your prep and research! We have people coming to us all the time saying, "I'm thinking about starting a business I saw on Oprah, and I want to know how it's going to do." It doesn't take a psychic to figure out that they're going to fail if they haven't prepared a financial plan, a business model, done marketing research, etc. Remember that not everyone has an entrepreneurial archetype.

Any more advice for the budding entrepreneur to succeed in this environment?

Yes -- two things: First, pick a partner who has a different skill set than you do, so you can complement each other. People tend to want to work with someone who is exactly like them, and this isn't a good idea. You need someone working with you who can do all the things you can't, and vice versa. Second, seek out an angel investor. They're out there, but they're being very careful with their money right now, so you have to be very prepared. If you can catch their interest, you know you're onto something.

Is there anything I can do to increase my chances of getting a job faster?

Yes! Cultivate an attitude of generosity, and start giving! This might sound strange at a time when you feel you have very little to give, but you can always give of your time, your wisdom, your encouragement and your compliments. You can mentor. It's karmic law that you get back what you put out there. If you want people (such as potential employers) to be generous with you and appreciate your virtues, you must be generous and appreciative of others.

Will we ever get back to where we were before this mess started?

No, but that's a good thing. The last ten years were all about denial and deception. We were in a downward spiral that finally hit bottom, and now we have to change that by returning to old fashioned values like integrity, kindness and honesty. We can see that at a corporate level, and we can see that in our own homes. An example of this is the people who sit in front of their computers all day, and live to post snarky comments about everything and everyone. They're putting out mean, abrasive energy, and will get the same back. Now if they were making positive, helpful, inspiring comments, they'd be getting the same in return. We need to be kinder to each other, even though we're very frustrated right now.

The good news is that on New Years Eve, Terry and Linda were once again on Coast to Coast radio, where they had predicted the 2001 World Trade Center attacks on the eve of the last new decade. For this new decade however, they see no major terrorist attacks in our immediate future. But they don't predict smooth sailing, either. According to them, it all depends on the kind of energy we put out.

vrhpatricia

Maybe psychics don't have control over when predictions come to them. They just come whenever they come and they can't be prompted. (I hope this isn't considered a "snarky" comment. I don't think so but I hope nobody is offended.)

February 12 2010 at 11:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
monique

when did buying non american become ok? instead of a trader and selling out our own country. that is exactly what is going on. we have the right to prosper. even our constitution is not safe. Now by anotherho can afford them.I myself am disabled do to a bad driver and my son at 17 killed.from another drunk drivering .myself pain and nerve damage. but the worst was my son. when he was killed alaska had no proof of inshurance laws. so i was told by the police and the police report said no auto inshurance on both cars. the woman who`s car my son was in. claimed no inshurance and the drunk woman who killed my son had none. i called the police and a atterney in alaska. every one told me no had auto covarage.well that was not true. my son was in the car with my brother is girlfriend and my mother. well turns out they lied to me for over a year.i was never called by any one. in a legal content. so i thought the police would know. the aterney in alaska said no claim was ever done in my sons name or for his death. non he could find. so i thought that is that. truns my brothers girlfriend. worked inthe police department that responded to the crash.she claimed she had no inshurance. that was what the police department said in crash report. it truned out they claimed one hundred thousand dollars on her inshurance. with the help of a attery who knew. none of them had parental right`s. so they lied. and tols me my father had a gerber life inshurance polacey for my son. so they claimed a small A mount that just enough to lay my son to rest. well that was a lie to. they had a aterney do a intestancy hearing. i never even knew about. that gave them legal right in a court of law. to claim money from my sons death. giving legal right to handel the money and how to pay it out. the whole time i was lied to. i was even told. state farm was the inshurance on my brother girl friend`s car, when i asked him how can you drive with no inshurance. i was told he had state farm. i called thet was 7 years befor my sons death. see they had the claim on my brothers girlfriends car. the one my son was killed in. i did not even know her name that is why i nevr found anything. i was asking for the wrong names in the claim. tathat is the reason the aterney a called found nothing. the claim was done in her name. any one year later my father passed away. i got a letter from another atterney. with a hound thousand dollar claim on my son death . that was the only money in my father estate that had gone to my mother and brother claiming i had and they had no way to contact me. even thouigh my mother payed for plain tickets. for me and my husband to go see her. only it was a trick so she could get me in a bank. in front of notery.i thought i was sighning a paper she gave me.ingm attery. saying raslease the money in a different state.to the summ of a few thousand dollars. they couls not realease the check in nebraska. but she changed the papers in the bank. i told her i do not have the letter. she ofe course pulled of her purse and sais oh just use this cpoy. well we know now it was a complete diferent letter saying i hgive up all the right to any of the money. and put the legal right in her hand`s. at this point i was shure no other money could be claimed accourding to the police report. and police department i called. i was tricked and lied to from my own family. with the help of a atterney, no one ever told me about auto inshurance on the cars. so they walked away with one hundred thousand dollor`s while i live on nine hunded a month disability. so if my own family could do that.and trust me i would have nwever thought my family could do something like that. so if family could do something like that what will corprate america do.

January 14 2010 at 7:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TILLIE

SAVE AMERICA... WHERE DO I SIGN UP? WHAT CAN WE ACTUALLY "DO" FIRST, NOW?

January 13 2010 at 9:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Juan Antonio

This situation is coming since many years ago. The middle class, in the differents levels, have been ripoff for many years by the economic powerfull class, and then, today we have the results. Up today the politicians have been also part of this catastrophic situations and they know very well what I mean.

January 13 2010 at 8:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Your ConscienceLogic

If this is not a scam, would it not be redundant then to state that it isn't one? Doesn't that discredit you further? Why in Sam Hell would you need to refute a claim not yet made? If you wan't to sound less mechanical, then type it like the average idiot with spelling errors and unnecessary abbreviations and "like"s. Once you've done that, save it and put it on every comment area you can possibly find. Always include a short caption along with your revised schpeal that makes the bloggers and commentators feel like your a human and that you care about the actual blog/other site's subject.

January 13 2010 at 8:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jan

these people are wacked

January 13 2010 at 8:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
buwammi

What we need is a huge world war.. Something simple but violently effective...No nukes...Just guns and sharp implements...Perhaps overthrow the congress and tar and feather a few of those morons...We decrease the population, cut down on the ozone production and give the earth a fresh start...We always have an economic boom after a war and lots of jobs are produced during the war, so..there you are...And after it ends we will all feel so much better...Democracy is only a boon for the wealthy...All these years the wealthy have used this corrupt and useless form of government to keep the poor and less fortunate down..We need something new and our government cannot give it to us...Be prepared for a long recession/depression before we come out of this one...

January 13 2010 at 8:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
May3Nov

I think most of us regular people know that "enough is enough" the question is how to get us together in a group. This discussion is the best I've ever read here. Now people are talking like Americans. Look at our genetic makeup . . . we are the decendants of revolutionaries. This country was started by the "misfits" and "criminals" who were being thrown out of Europe. Our forefathers and ancestors were anarchists who believed in civil disobedience and questioning authority. Have you noticed, there's hardly a "snarky remark" in this thread? Why? Because this is intelligent discourse. This needs to keep going. Our founding fathers met in their homes, pubs, on the street corners to talk revolution. Now, we're doing it on the Internet and reaching millions at a time, not two or three people. United we stand . . . the people do need to start these conversations and keep them going. The common people who are being run over by our own government need to know that they are not alone in their thoughts that this government is not now, nor has it been for a long, long time, of the people, by the people and for the people.

January 13 2010 at 8:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob

Here are a few keys to economic recovery. First, capital flees to where it is treated best. The reason we have a declining manufacturing and industrial base in this country is that we have created a regulatory environment that punishes success and causes capital to fund the likes of China and India. Second, the government creates the regulatory climate in which the free market operates. When the free market is perverted by the regulatory action of government, it does very stupid things - like giving mortgages to people without an income, job or assets. Third, the only way out of this mess is going to be very painful as we are printing dollars as if the world owed us a living. The only ways to repay the debt being created are either a huge tax increase (which will further depress the already fragile economy) or significant inflation (which will further depress the already fragile economy). Finally, the jobs that create wealth and sustain the government don't come from the government they come from the wealth creation activity of individuals. If the government makes it difficult to create or sustain a business, then people will not be employed and the overall levels of unemployment will stay high as they did during the FDR depression.

January 13 2010 at 8:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dennis verderosa

HMMMM.....THERE IS SOOOO MUCH I WANT TO SAY, BUT DONT KNOW WHERE TO START! LETS START WITH .........IF YOU WANT TO HELP AND BE A PART OF GETTING THIS GREAT NATION BACK TO THE WAY THE CONSTITUTION WAS DESIGNED....
'BY THE PEOPLE...FOR THE PEOPLE",....THEN COMES MID ELECTIONS, (ITS JUST AROUND THE CORNER) GET YOUR ASS OUT AND VOTE ALL THESE DEMOCRATIC LOW-LIFE CANIVING,SCANDOLUS,GREEDY, SCUM-BAR CONGRESSMAN,AND ALL THOSE IN THE SENATE OUT OF OFFICE! (GEE....WHAT WILL THEY DO IF THEY HAVE TO FIND A REAL JOB LIKE YOU AND I????????????) THIS WAY,WHEN THEY GO HOME TO THEIR LOVELY WIVES AND KIDS, AND THEY ASK...."WHAT HAPPENED"?????.....THEIR WIFE AND KIDS COULD SAY...."GEE DAD,....MAYBE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE FINALLY HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR BULL-SHIT SO-CALLED ETHICS AND FRAUD!!!!!!!
SECONDLY, DO LIKE PRESIDENT ROOSEVELT DID WHEN THE "JAPS" BOMBED PEARL HARBOR.....GET THE COPS,NATIONAL GUARD,MARINES,ARMY,AND AIR FORCE TO ROUND THEM UP.PUT THEM ALL ON A PLANE-BOAT-TRAIN,AND GET THEM ALL OUT OF THIS COUNTRY NEVER TO RETURN!AND ABOVE ALL, DONT ALLOW ANY TOWEL HEAD MUSLIM ala LOVIN ASS-HOLES INTO THIS COUNTRY!JUST DEPORT THEM PERIOD!
THIRDLY....STOP TERRORISUM....ILL SHOW YOU HOW.......GET ALL OUR TROOPS OUT OF THOSE GOD-FORSAKEN SHIT HOLES,GET THEM WHERE THEY BELONG....WITH THEIR FAMILIES AND LOVED ONES!!!! THOSE SAND NIGGERS HAVE BEEN FIGHTING EACH OTHER FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS AND NO ONE OR NOTHING IS GONNA CHANGE THAT,SO WITH THAT SAID, LETS KEEP OUR NOSES OUT OF THEIR PROBLEMS AND FOCUS ON THE PROBLEMS HERE IN THE STATES! THEN GET A PRESIDENT WITH SOME "BALLS", TO ORDER OUR ENTIRE FLEET OF B-52 BOMBERS LOADED UP WITH "A=BOMBS", AND GOD FORGIVE ME, DROP THEM ON EVERY MAN,WOMAN,AND CHILD IN IRAQ PALISTINE,AFFGANISTAN,AND IRAN. THEN LEVEL ALL THE MOPUNTAINS THERE AS WELL TO MAKE SURE WE GET ALL THOSE COCKAROACHES!
NOW I AM SURE THERE ARE SOME OF YOU OUT THERE WHO SAY IM NUTS.....BLOW UP WOMAN AND CHILDREN????? WELL THINF ABOUT THIS,
RIGHT NOW THOSE COCKAROACHES ARE AND HAVE BEEN TEACHING THOSE KIDS TO "HATE AMERICANS" WE ARE THE INFIDELS IN THEIR EYES....THE DEVIL......SO THAT CUTE LITTLE TOWEL HEAD WILL GROW UP TO LEARN HOW TO USE A "AK-47" TO SHOOT AND KILL YOUR KIDS AND GRANDCHILDREN!
I DONT WANT TO GO ON A RANT HERE, BUT WHERE THE HELL ARE ALL THE REAL MEN WHO USED TO RUN THIS COUNTRY??????
WE ALL KNOW WHAT I AM SUGGESTING AINT GONNA HAPPEN, BUT JUST THINK HOW GREAT A COUNTRY THIS COULD BE IF IT DID!!!!
WE HAVE TO BE LIKE THE BARBARRIENS THEY ARE. SHOW THEM YOU SCREW WITH US,YOU WILL PAY THE PRICE.
ENERGY? ANOTHER BULL-SHIT TOPIC ABOUT NOTHING MORE THEN GREED! LOOK, GREED IS GOOD,WE ARE ALL A BIT GREEDY,AND THATS OK, BUT TO THE OIL SPECULATORS ON WALL-STREET,AND THE CEO OF EXXON/MOBILE......YOU ASS HOLES HAVE MADE SO MUCK MONEY OFF US,ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
WE ARE PAYING $3.00 A GALLON FOR GAS AND HEATING OIL......WE SHOULD BE PAYING $1.00 A GALLON!
WHY IT WONT CHANGE ANYTIME SOON???? BECAUSE WE ARE SO USED TO IT THAT WHY SHOULD YOU LOWER IT AND ONLY MAKE A "GAZZILLION DOLLARS" IN A FEW MONTHS.....SCREW THE WORKING MAN...(IF YOUR LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE A JOB)
GREED IS GOOD ...BUT NOT FOR MOST OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE AND AT THEIR EXPENSE!

January 13 2010 at 8:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply