Holly Marie

This list is way off. Now I'm curious to know how these were averaged.

August 15 2012 at 9:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

They continually say teachers are needed. Once you get your undergrad or even your Masters. The PRAXIS EXAM is so difficult your unable to pass it to get certified, and there you are with no job only student loans.

June 27 2010 at 3:12 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply

Looks like the only commenters are scammers trying to lure in people in legitimate need who are looking at this story because they are hoping to find an answer to their money needs. Shame on anyone for doing so. Folks, sales has been looked down on by my peers since I can remember. But in my relatively short sales career of about 12 years, I've almost always made more than these $80k per year. Most of the "careers" they've listed require an expensive degree. I have none. Find a good company that focuses on really training you well and in a few years you will make more than most college educated people you'll meet. The college thing used to be the only way to go, and as "sheople" we are taught/brainwashed that if you want to make anything of yourself then you have to be very well educated. History is full of un-degreed people who became very, very rich. I'm not saying sales is for everyone,but if you can stick it out and find your niche, then you'll be glad you listened to me in this little comment. TIP: The biggest money is to be found in "in home" sales. Gazillions of home owners buy big ticket stuff everyday (windows, roofing, coatings, etc.). At an average of $10k or more and a 10% commission, you don't need to sit in front of too many people each week to make $100k per year!!! Also, don't be like other sheople and beleive everything AOL posts. Chances are, what they post is because someone somewhere is paying them to drive you into a certain direction. AOL is a business and a business #1 goal is to make money, regardless if it's good for you or not. Hope this turns a light on for some of you!

November 29 2009 at 2:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

30 jobs...$80,000 per year..nah I can only work 2 at the most, I'm tired and off to bed. Good night everybody.

November 29 2009 at 12:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

I actually have my Private. I'd love to get back into flying but a "cheap" airplane costs more than a house! Still... I may consider getting the commercial. I don't want to fly for airlines but something like you do may be fun.

November 29 2009 at 12:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Oh sure AOL, I'll just drop everything and turn my epic undergraduate student loan debt to astronomical getting degrees in these fields (most of which require a graduate degree). I mean why not? It's hard enough to get a job that pays a living wage these days, so I should pay money to work six times as hard instead.

Brilliant! Brilliant! Let's see, I graduated from college just in time for the job market to collapse. By the time I get my graduate training in these fields, these careers will no longer be "hot."

I think I'll just drive a cab... less BS!

November 29 2009 at 12:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to gr8bsn's comment
Anita C. Rhoney

I feel for most Americans, those that used to be the middle class and still are when it comes to taking care of the nation. Formerly, we could at least, make enough to live on, but now, we carry the burden of the economy, the morals (such as they are) and payinglifetimes for educations for kids and selves, which should be free for anyone who wants to improve themselves AND their society. Too bad that Americans believe in capitalism. I believe that it is the greediest most self-propagating system in the world. We are just beginning to learn what that greed can do. Everything that exists in America turns into a money-making scheme. Every mistake we make is either taxed or we pay fines. Oppression is what is going on and the politicians keep pushing us further down. When are they and the people going to wake up and smell the roses? When nations get to the point of the elite and wealthy classes doing all they can to keep the status quo (that is comfort, wealth and power for themselves), there is (or should be) revolution in the air and wings. It seems to be needed to clean it all up. But then, where are the leaders to make it better again? Have our schools trained them to know how to have a peaceful and efficient society that would benefit more people? I know that our rules, many laws and regulations have us oppressed, so what do we do?

April 13 2010 at 10:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

How about politician. You don't have to know anything and get millions if you are corrupt enough. Chicago politicians are the prime example!

November 28 2009 at 10:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply