Top 10 Jobs for 2010

Payscale

by Ed Orum for AOL Find a Job

jobs 2010Many job hunters will be happy to put 2009 to rest, and welcome 2010 with an eagerness that the job market will pick up. Staffing firm Robert Half recently put together a list of what it believes to be 10 Promising Jobs for 2010. The company has identified opportunities in accounting and finance, information technology and administrative fields.

In accounting and finance, salaries are actually expected to increase by an average of .5 percent in 2010. Companies want financial pros who can crunch numbers, communicate clearly with various departments and help manage costs.

Job titles to look for include:

1. Tax accountant

Help companies save money by managing their tax bills.

Average Salary: $42,135 to $55,564

2. Compliance director

New Securities and Exchange rules mean lots of regulations to follow.

Average Salary: $66,955 to $104,232

3. Credit manager/supervisor

Keep cash flowing by evaluating credit risk and getting delinquent accounts to pay up.

Average Salary: $39,317 to $64,892

4. Senior financial analyst

Evaluate financial plans, budgets and figure out way to increase profits.

Average Salary: $44,212 to $60,938

While starting IT salaries will drop by about 1.3 percent in 2010, the job prospects are promising because computers are the future! The growth is in positions that help companies reduce costs by implementing new technologies. Here are some keywords to get you started:

5. Network administrator

The most in demand position of any IT job. If you can speak cloud computing, Voice over IP and software, this job is for you.

Average Salary: $41,620 to $60,459

6. Information systems security manager

Companies don't want their top-secret data leaked out all over the web; you'll help keep it that way.

Average Salary: $59,395 to $87,024

7. Systems engineer

Someone has to make sense of all of new and emerging technologies. You'll set the foundation for a smooth transition to the future.

Average Salary: $59,395 to $87,024

Offices also need excellent administrators to keep things running smoothly. Demand is strong for workers who can multitask, have excellent computer skills, are willing to learn and aren't afraid to adapt to change. Best prospects include:

8. Medical record clerk

Hospitals are going digital, they need workers who can help them scan and process patient data.

Average Hourly Salary: $9.58 to $12.83

9. Customer service representative

Customer service has never been more critical to success, so play up your ability to provide service with a smile.

Average Hourly Salary: $10.60 to $14.19

10. Executive assistant

Expect to support multiple manager and take on a wide range of duties.

Average Salary: $37,010 to $52,042

The report also noted that even in this glut of candidates climate, businesses are still having a tough time finding highly skilled candidates, so put your best resume forward and consider getting your foot in the door with an internship or temporary assignment.

Next: Top 10 Companies Hiring This Week >>

Baby.Silk

hey my name is baby

January 11 2010 at 2:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
knowledge

this is very good information, thanks

December 26 2009 at 10:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kim

Hey I love being a RN. I have been one for 17 years but before that, I was a Medical Radiographer working in XRAY/CT and MRI and it was WAY harder with having to do more clinical hours than a RN to get even a A.S. Degree, no lifting help, treating contagious patients before they are diagnosed in E.R. We had a guy sent to Radiology with a persistent cough from the E.R.. I immediately recognized he had TB but by time I got the mask on him it was too late, 19 people were exposed to him, 5 proved to be positive after wards. RN sent him for CXR never thinking TB, but We never complained since it was a daily if not hourly event. Technologist have to be on call 24/7, work every holiday, 18year senior techs could not get day shift so becoming an RN was easier for myself. I guess I would prefer not seeing diseased patients and old dying patients but that is what defines me as a Care Giver. No one else is going to do it. The ME generation will not care for others..As for RN, now a days it is easier than years ago and the pay is much, much better. Not many can take care of people, but as a RN there is plenty of staff vs. Radiology Dept where you work alone, you handle it all alone and with 300lb plus patients the first thing to go is your spine.. sorry shorthand from Iphone:)

November 30 2009 at 1:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tony Moschetti

Wow, 10 jobs available in 2010. And they said Obama's "stimulus" didn't work!

November 30 2009 at 1:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Tony Moschetti's comment
hvymtlgds

LOL oh and it would be all fixed now if McCain had been elected -- remember all this shit started with the Clinton administration, Bush just propagated it and did nothing to fix it. we will be lucky to be out of this in 8 years.

November 30 2009 at 3:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
godisgood

so wut would u suggest?? i cant work labor anymore my back is killin me. wut about doing loans i heard its easy to start

November 30 2009 at 12:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
charlie

PR is right, notice the article generating these comments is about 2010 service jobs in number crunching and information technology. Manufacturing is fast becoming obsolete because workers living above their means require rediculuous salaries. I can afford to heat with gas in the winter but use fire wood when I can find it free and a roll of paper towels lasts me over a year. My depression era parents taught me 'whats best for the future is best for now' and outsourcing jobs is not best for the future of AMERICA, case closed!

November 30 2009 at 12:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
binky

Hey if you want to make money run for Congress! All those thieves in Washington are making big bucks and living high off the hog at our expense so why not you? If I were young (I am 71) I would run and it does not matter on which ticket. Just promise to bring "change" and you will get elected! BO did and so can you!

November 30 2009 at 9:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Peter Karlak

Would you please send me complete website name for work-at-home positions.
Would appreciate it greatly.
Peter Karlak

November 30 2009 at 6:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
EMILY

i would love to find a way to stay home and do something on internet to make money, but most of what i find is a scAm and they want money. And some of it is difficult since i am not a computer wiz. Does anyone have a suggestion? email me at ecinicola@aol.com but please, no scams.

November 30 2009 at 5:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply