Most Employees Think The Boss Is Dishonest

boss studyWe simply don't trust our bosses, according to a survey conducted for Adecco Group North America. This month, Harris Interactive interviewed over 2,000 adults nationwide, half of whom were employed full- or part-time. Here's what the study uncovered:

• 53 percent of workers do not think their boss is honest.

• 25 percent believe their boss is dishonest about their job security.

• 53 percent do not think their boss is fair or patient.

• 75 percent do not think their boss is loyal.

• 28 percent would lay off or fire their boss if given the opportunity.

• 40 percent would take their bosses' jobs if offered.

• 66 percent of workers would not change anything about their relationship with their boss.

• 89 percent think their relationship with the boss is important for job satisfaction.

Do you agree?

Take our poll and tell us what you think.

Next:

Find a Job

Search by Company | Search by Industry

No respect.

My boss wanted an affair with me. When he did not get what he wanted he fired me. He is a cheat and a liar. He can not maintain good relationships with others- MD's or RN's, just people. He is spolied, passive aggressive and basiclly angry at everything. It is always everyone else's fault. He lies to cover a lie! It was a toxic work environment- gald to be out! He hurts and doesn't care. It's all about the money he can make and cheat others- double billing, fraud!

November 21 2009 at 9:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
NJB

My Boss is one of the most inconsiderate, ignorant, egotistical women I have ever met. Let me start off by saying I work in the Executive Branch of the Federal Government at an office building in the Northeast. When they gave her the power to manage without the knowledge to do so our department became a disaster. She has no compassion for her fellow man/woman. One of the employees lost her mother after taking care of her for several years and management told her she took too much time off when her Mom passed. The manager's reply was well "I was back to work the next business day." Well if that is what this manager thinks of her Mother then so be it. This woman is in her 70's and is leaching off of her staff. She makes well into the six figures in salary and bonuses (ill gotten bonuses I might add at a time when Mr President is yelling at companies for bonuses and perks). He should look in his own back yard and cut down on the bonuses and awards upper level management is given, When is enough, enough, when it is being done right under his nose?

November 07 2009 at 11:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to NJB's comment
Deborah

For all those of you who feel trapped - START your OWN Business! It truly is not that difficult. I felt the way many of you do when I was younger and I quit many places due to the attempted violation of My ethics - which happen to be Christian one - meaning I cannot treat clients as most companies do. Being a Nurse then - I worked as a Private Nurse where a person can do the job right. Now I have enough skills to outlast any type of economy.

Along with the Blessing of enough fortitude to forgo the daily drama that traps most people and FOLLOW those dreams. Guess what? You are all Free to Choose. What was that old saying? "All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do Nothing....?"

Find what you love, and DO IT. Don't just talk about it :) Good fortune to you all.

November 17 2009 at 9:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JR007

Sorry Jim,
But you are ignoring the fact that Bush and his lackies did NOTHING for 8 years and let the wall street bandits amass 95% of all the money in this country. Lets see what happens in the next 8 years before we go on a rant.

October 21 2009 at 10:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rich

I used to work in a state government office and never trusted my boss or her boss. I had a terrible mistake by telling both of them that I did not trust either one of them in a staff meeting as my boss's was telling everyone about all the equipment and training they were giving all of us employees. When I pointed out I never received any of that equipment or training, she stated I must have fallen through a crack. Don't know how that could have happened since I have several closed door meetings with both bosses and brought up both of these items to them. Well, as it turns out, I had a good reason to not trust them. Less than a year from that date, I was fired.

October 20 2009 at 10:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
anonymous101

i was fired from day and zimmermann security by major lisa blake. she is a azzhole. Exxon Mobil is their biggest account and their office buildings is being used as a motel by some of the employees including major lisa blake. last year during hurricane ike she told employees over the walkie talkie-radio, not to go upstairs to make rounds because it was dangerous but then she came with her boyfriend, a lieutenant who was also getting in on with 5 other officers in the building on a daily basis, they walked the stairs in building 5 and did not come down to 2 hours later. we just looked at them we knew what was what. one of the officers went up the stairs 30 minutes later and she heard them and came back and told it. 2 officers was sendind inappropriate e mails one went to a exxon employee by accident instead of her firing both she fired one christy cary the other one was her frind she still got her job. she fires people for being late burt she is late every day.employees sleep on the job leave for hours and go home some live in walking distance across the street. she let a non employee in the office to confront a employee and when the employee officer told her, blake's boss on her then she fired the lady who had only missed two days of work from working 18 months. so many people quit with no other job lined up. another supervisor quit because she was sexually harassing him and a truck delivery driver told some of the officers that 3 years ago major lisa blake tried to get him fired because he did not want a relationship with her. the man is married and so was she. her husband left her last year. some of the employees say they will do something to her if they see her outside of work. i am waiting for exxon mobil to drop them so i can apply with whoever replace them. that will be a good day.

October 20 2009 at 7:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dave

Finally a comment from someone with brains! The Bush years were brutal!

October 20 2009 at 7:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

JR007....Your an idiot...Bush warned at least 15 times to reign in the mortgage giveaway Carter started and Clinton put in overdrive. Greenspan warned of a catastrophic breakdown in the financial system because of the free money to people who could not afford the mortgages. With Barney Frank and Chris Dodd and the rest at the helm of the law making or the lack of and with no regulation of the banking industry and the pressure to lend starting with Janet Reno and the like it went over the cliff. A little research should keep you from sounding like an idiot.

October 20 2009 at 6:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Larry

Hoss you looked at the unemployment numbers lately??? The only thing your precious leader has raised is his own ego.

October 20 2009 at 6:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
amy

the process to lay me off began as soon as I claimed my disability, and I worked for the federal government. The process in the federal government is unfavorable to employees, so while they can destroy my medical documents, deny me reasonable accommodation, unless I have THousands of dollars, I am helpless. SHAME ON the Federal Government. This is one more reason why we should not have gov't run health care, while we need it, not from them, it's just too hard to fight them, and no one is held responsible for their actions.

October 20 2009 at 6:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shreak

I WORKED FOR WOLVERINE FIRE PROTECTION FOR YRSSSS..WAS LET GO SO THEY COULD BRING IN A KID TO TAKE MY JOB.HE WAS JAILED FOR DUI.THINK THEY WOULD CALL ME BACK TO DO MY JOB?NOOO..THE CORCORAN FAMILY ARE GREEEEDY...TO TOP THAT OFF THEY ARE TRYIN TO SCREW ME OUT OF MY VACATION PAY...

October 20 2009 at 5:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply