Companies Hiring In August

help wanted I know economic times are tough right now, and nothing would make the world happier than more jobs and less anxiety. Unfortunately, no one can snap their fingers and make that happen. Well, maybe Oprah could, but I'm not her, unfortunately.

As much as I'd like to tell you to look under your chair and find a new job, I can't. The next best thing is to point you in the direction of companies that are hiring right now, in need of good workers and are hiring this month.

What they're looking for
What makes a good worker? For credit-card processing company Central Payment Corporation, the basics are still important.

"Central Payment Corporation is looking for candidates with an excellent work ethic, a positive attitude and the ability to succeed in a competitive environment," says managing partner Zachary Hyman. "It is important that CPC employees have an ethical approach to business, a personable demeanor and professional appearance."

In the interest of providing you with many options, the following list contains opportunities in locations all over the country. You'll also notice that although each company's industry is listed, they're offering positions that are varied and that require backgrounds in all industries.

Here are 15 companies hiring in August:

1. Acosta

Industry: Sales and marketing

Positions Available: Retail Merchandiser, Unit Manager, Area Manager

Location: Nationwide

2. Adecco Group North America*

Industry: Various (including IT, engineering, finance and accounting, office and administrative, legal, medical and science, government)

Positions Available: Mortgage Processor, Accounts Payable/Receivable Manager, Mechanical Engineer, Paralegal, HR Manager

Location: Nationwide

3. Aflac

Industry: Insurance

Positions Available: Sales Representative

Location: Nationwide

4. Aldi

Industry: Grocery

Positions Available: Cashier, Shift Manager, Manager trainee

Location: Nationwide (including Connecticut, Rhode Island, Illinois and Indiana)

5. Archer Daniels Midland

Industry: Agriculture/manufacturing

Positions Available: IT Application Support Specialist, IT Support Analyst , Accountant, Turbine Specialist, Mechanical Engineer

Location: Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania

See All Archer Daniels Midland Jobs >>

6. AutoZone

Industry: Automotive retail

Positions Available: Part-Time Sales, Full-Time Sales, Parts Sales Manager, Store Manager, Territory Sales Manager

Location: Nationwide (including California, Maryland, Wyoming)

7. Cengage Learning

Industry: Publishing

Positions Available: Sales Representative, Writer and Editor, Account manager

Location: California, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, New York, Massachusetts

8. Central Payment Corporation

Industry: Credit card processing

Positions Available: Outside Sales Representative, Account Executive, Entry-Level Sales Representative

Location: Nationwide (work-from-home opportunities)

See All Central Payment Corporation Jobs >>

9. Idearc Media

Industry: Advertising/Media

Available Positions: Inside Media Sales Consultant, Outside Media Sales Consultant

Location: Nationwide (including Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey)

10. Kool Smiles

Industry: Health care

Positions Available: Dentist, Dental Assistant, Dental Hygienist, Office Manager

Location: Nationwide (including Texas, Arizona, Georgia)

11. Manpower International, Manpower Professional, Manpower Staffing

Industry: Recruiting/staffing

Positions Available: Senior Level Marketing, Managing Director, Staffing Specialist

Location: Nationwide(including Wisconsin, Connecticut, Washington DC)

12. Medical Services of America

Industry: Home healthcare services

Positions Available: Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Speech Therapist, Sales Representative

Location: Nationwide (including South Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina)

See All Medical Services of America Jobs >>

13. Oceaneering International Inc.

Industry: Engineering

Positions Available: NDT Technician, ROV Mechanical and Electronic Technician, Engineer, Designer, Diver, Project Manager

Location: Nationwide

See All Oceaneering International Inc. Jobs >>

14. Quintiles Transnational

Industry: Pharmaceutical

Available Positions: Pharmaceutical Sales Representative, Clinical nurse educator

Location: Arizona, Florida, California, Texas

See All Quintiles Transnational Jobs >>

15. Ross Education

Industry: Post secondary allied health education

Available Positions: Dental Assistant Instructor, Admissions Representative

Location: Michigan, Ohio

*Note: Adecco is a recruiting and staffing firm looking to fill positions on behalf of other employers across the country and in a variety of fields.

Next: Top 10 Companies Hiring This Week >>

Filed under: Now Hiring

Anthony Balderrama

Editor

Anthony Balderrama is a writer and blogger for CareerBuilder.com and its job seeker and workplace blog, TheWorkBuzz.com. He researches and writes about job search strategy, career management, hiring trends and workplace issues. You can follow him on Twitter at twitter.com/abalderrama and view his blog posts on TheWorkBuzz.com.

foreigntrade4

Wholesale Clothing Brands,Outdoor Jackets、Free Jackets、Down Jackets、Boots、The North Face、Canada Goose、Mamort、Mammut、Arcteryx、Columbia、Supras、Nike、Ugg、Asics...

October 11 2011 at 4:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Charlie

My suggestion to all you folks....get real and get creative.
I have been self employed for 43 years.....find out what you are best at...find the market for it and buy yourself a business license..costs a few bucks....go into that business for yourself and never have to cry again! You will never be recession profed any other way.don't buy into obvious scams.there are a million of them waiting for someone just like you!

August 31 2009 at 4:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mamee

i applied for a sales position at adidas store here in las vegas. i know i am qaulified for the job. i have over 10 years in sales. and my customer service skills are the best i know. adidas never did call me in for an interview. not a word from them. i am confused, cause in the job description i have what they are looking for. what is the reason i was not considered for the job. please contact adidas, and forward the info to my email address. thanx

August 28 2009 at 12:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
100% AMERICAN

Hey Listen up! You have to be in survival mode in this economy. I am a 57 year old FEMALE. I have worked my azz off being the sole support of my family after my husband died suddenly. I was a HOUSEWIFE, a HOMEMAKER. I had NEVER worked outside of my home. I was forced to go to work to support my two children. I didnt apply for welfare! So stop with all the whinning about how the life as you know it has come to an end. So what if your company canned you. ARE YOU ALL IDIOTS? CAN YOU NOT RETRAIN YOURSELVES TO DO SOMETHING ELSE FOR PETE'S SAKE!! GROW UP AND TAKE STOCK OF YOUR LIVES! In the past 7 years I have had a number of different jobs. I have worked as a telemarketer selling timeshare vacations. When that didnt work out, I became a debt collector. When that didn't work out I went to my local library and read book after book on real estate investing and purchased several properties. I became a REHABBER, Landlady, Real Estate Guru! What the hell did I know about any of that crap! I never went to college but I am SELF TAUGHT.I was sitting on easy street then the market crashed and I had to sell off everything I had and once again start over! I didnt give up or whine. I sold off all of my assets and recouped what money I could salvage and went yet in a completely different direction.... DRIVING TAXI CABS.. Are you people hearing me? I am a 57 year old woman. If anyone deserves to retire on easy street IT'S ME!! But I don't have that luxury. If I have to bag groceries at age 70 because that's the only way I can survive, guess what? That's EXACTLY what I will do! If it means that I will once again have to downsize, I will do so because I am a WINNER not a WHINNER!! This is AMERICA. INSTEAD OF BEING THE PROBLEM BE THE SOLUTION. CREATE A JOB FOR YOURSELF.

August 27 2009 at 2:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dominic

I need a good work at home job no scams. Are there any jobs left? Help single mother, have no startup fee money

August 27 2009 at 12:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sttevenn

Why do most people want to be enslaved by any business or corporation? Our country was founded on the idea of freedom. Anybody who trades there time for a paycheck, no matter how big or small gives up their freedom. A “job” means you are beholding to someone else. They determine when you come to work, when you leave, have lunch, how much you make, when you have a vacation, when you see your family, when you do things you enjoy almost everything. People think the government is in there business, how about whoever gives you your “JOB” are they not in you and your family’s business also? There was a time when America was 80% small business owner and 20% employee. Now it is 20% business owner and 80 employees. The corporations needed a lot of pairs of hands and convinced everyone you can’t make a living without them. They have brain washed most of America into thinking you must have a “job” and you can not do for you. If the idea not going back to the system that spits people out like old gum interests you than contact me at yourearthsvc@aol.com

August 15 2009 at 3:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Al

I have to say I have searched for a job on line and all I get is
I need start up money to work for them NO i don't have
money THAT"S why I'm looking for a job NOT to give out money I don't have. Are thier real jobs on line that's
needs a real person to really work for them? Tell me Please

August 13 2009 at 6:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Phil Bittle

Almost all jobs today are a dime a dozen ... which is about what they're worth.

August 13 2009 at 2:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Deb Elsberry

What does the Robert Allen business do and what are the start up costs, I need to find a job and I don't want to get taken by all the scum bags trying to get rich off everyone else. Is it really that good?

August 13 2009 at 2:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pam

Hello, Tina is this really true about internet job. Did you have to pay for to take the survey. How do they pay you with a check or do you have to give your bank account number.

Pam

August 13 2009 at 12:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Search Jobs

In Partnership With
Keywords:
Location:

April 20 - April 27

Looking for work? See what companies added new openings this week.