Blue Collar Worker Cover Letter

cover letter exampleFrom 'Cover Letter Magic' by Wendy S. Enelow and Louise M. Kursmark

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timothy O'Neill * 37 Paramount Drive, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648 * (609) 555-5555

January 18, 2004

Mr. John Hogan
Main Street Manufacturing
17 Main Street
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648

Re: Machinist or Maintenance Machinist Position

Dear Mr. Hogan:

If you believe that properly maintained equipment and machinery are vital to manufacturing production deadlines, we think alike.

If you need customized parts, equipment, and machinery to meet rush orders, we should talk.

If you are looking for a dependable and conscientious machinist, maintenance machinist, or industrial machinery repairer, please consider my qualifications:

• 18 years of experience as a Machinist producing or repairing parts and equipment for major industrial manufacturers, pharmaceutical companies, and research organizations.
  • Completed rush order projects on time and with quality results.
  • Experienced with a wide variety of equipment, tools, fixtures, and materials, which means I can bring immediate value to your operation.
  • Loyal, dedicated, and dependable hard worker.
  • Quick learner with a knack for solving problems.

To help you learn more about my qualifications, I have enclosed my resume. Throughout my work history I have been successful as a machinist because I have acquired excellent skills, planned carefully for projects, and kept on good terms with people at all levels.

It would be a pleasure to meet with you at your convenience to discuss the contributions I would make to your team. I am ready to put my energy and experience to work for you. May I hear from you soon?

Sincerely,

Timothy O'Neill

Enc.

Next: 10 Reasons Your Job Search Isn't Working >>

Excerpted from "Cover Letter Magic" by Wendy S. Enelow and Louise M. Kursmark. Excerpted by permission of Jist Publishing. All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.

Copyright 2004 Jist Works.

Filed under: Cover Letters

AOL Jobs Contributor

Editor

AOL Jobs offers the most comprehensive source of jobs through its partnership with CareerBuilder.com. AOL Jobs is the place to go on the Internet for employment information, career advice and job-seeking tools.

If you would like to be a contributor on AOL Jobs, please send us an e-mail.

nursemedina

Vover letter for nurse RN

May 15 2011 at 7:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lelaandterry

Do you have any cover-resume for the medical area, such as pharmacy technician?

April 22 2011 at 1:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Vernon Ouder

These examples of cover letters are far too long. Three paragraphs at the most should suffice: introduction ("responding to"..., relate your resume objective to the opening, etc.), background (how your past accomplishments and/or education fits the employer's expressed need), and closing (how your hard and soft skills can help the corporation work as a team to accomplish their mission). Just remember the rule of 3; 3 paragraphs, each with at least three complete sentences (no more than 5). DON'T BE GENERIC. As much as a pain it can be, each cover letter MUST be specific to the job in which you are seeking, but be truthful. Good Luck!

May 17 2009 at 6:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Vernon Ouder's comment
lelaandterry

thanks that being said, are there any blank forms so one could be very clear and yet simply to the point. I am a older person who has been employed most of my life and had to never write a resume, this new job ask for one.

April 22 2011 at 1:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Wesley G. Vaughn

Oops! I hope Mr. Hogan didn't catch this:

"If you are looking for a dependable and conscientious machinist, maintenance machinist, or industrial machinery repairer, pleas consider my qualifications:"

Not everything is caught by Spell Check.

May 13 2009 at 10:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carolyn M. Peyton

In writing the perfect cover letter salutations are a problem upon searching employment on the web. There are times alot of information is missing; like a real persons name in which you would send a cover letter to. Do you then just use the full address of the company, or would you use Attn: Human Resources Depart????????

February 18 2009 at 10:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

Search Jobs

In Partnership With
Keywords:
Location:

April 13 - April 20

Looking for work? See what companies added new openings this week.