Freedom Quad, P.O. Box 0021
University at Albany, Albany, NY 12222
45 Sloane Drive, Great Neck, NY 11702
April 21, 2009
Mr. William Cousins
Director of Human Resources, Chase
25 Park Avenue New York, NY 10101
Dear Mr. Cousins:
You advertised for an entry-level Financial Analyst in Sunday's New York Times. As a soon-to-be graduate university senior majoring in Business Administration with a concentration in Information Systems Management, my qualifications should meet your requirements.
Taking initiative has always been my academic and career focus. I certainly understand responsibility, hold an intense work ethic, and strive to do my best in any situation. During four years of work and internship experiences, I have enthusiastically sought challenging projects and have made strong contributions not normally expected of an intern. Highlights include the following
- The development of an Access to Excel migration spreadsheet that organized a company-wide PC inventory system for MedFlo instruments.
- The creation of an Excel spreadsheet that permitted MedFlo to implement more rapid vendor payment.
- The successful learning and selling of high-profit liability coverage while an intern at Budget Rent-a-Car (normally done only by experienced sales force).
- The planning and implementation of a large warehouse document relocation project for Symbol Technologie
- The fulfillment of positions as a Vice President of Finance and Community Service Coordinator for Pi Sigma Epsilon, Professional Sales and Marketing Fraternity.
- The attainment and successful performance of Teacher Assistant positions for two educators.
A demanding course load, multiple campus leadership positions, challenging internships, and a variety of work experiences have prepared me for the rigors of an entry-level Financial Analyst's position at Chase. My technical and business background is balanced by courses in art and the humanities, creating the ability to grasp business and technology needs as well as the skills to think past the obvious aspects of a situation. I have an intense interest in pursuing and overcoming difficult challenges, I work hard, and I have the drive to make a difference.
I'd like to meet and discuss the ways in which I can contribute my experience and energy to Chase. I can be reached at my academic address via phone or e-mail and look forward to speaking with you.
Enclosure: resume in traditional and computer-scannable versions
Next: Sample Cover Letter: Senior Managers/Executives >>
Excerpted from Cover Letter Magic by Wendy S. Enelow and Louise M. Kursmark. Excerpted by permission of Jist Publishing. All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.
Copyright 2004 Jist Works.